Elemental Mage Staff

Elemental Mage Staff

by Flame » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:58 pm

Hey guys I was wondering what you think about the elemental mage staff, and how it compares to other weapons.
I plan on being fire for most of the time, and frost for MC. Either way this staff seems to be very good and was wondering how it stacks up against other pre 60 non raid weapons.

It has the following stats:
20+ Fire Resistance
20+ Frost Resistance
Equip: Increases damage done by Fire spells and effects by up to 36.
Equip: Increases damage done by Frost spells and effects by up to 36.

Also does anyone know the approximate cost of making Sageblade / Mindfang? Trying to get an idea to compare cost vs value. I know the staff does not have any int, would like some feedback about what you guys think. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.
Flame
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Elemental Mage Staff

by vinceyoung » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:49 am

If I were you i'd just get the AV offhands instead of buying the Elemental Mage Staff.
vinceyoung
Sergeant
Sergeant

by varth » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:31 pm

dm w MH + av offhand is better, and rod of ogre magi is about the same and saves you ~200g
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Flame » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:08 pm

varth wrote:dm w MH + av offhand is better, and rod of ogre magi is about the same and saves you ~200g

Pardon my ignorance as I only played from tbc+ but are you referring to mind carver or blade of the new moon from dire maul west when you say DM W MH? Im not 60 yet, just trying to plan out my pre raid gear.

O.o. Just looked up rod of ogre magi, looks really good! I think I'm going to aim for the main hand and offhand from av but if i can get this I wont complain :)

Also thank you for all the help I greatly appreciate it. Will defiantly save a lot of gold from your advice :)
Flame
Grunt
Grunt

by pitfighter » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:31 pm

He's talking about Mind Carver
pitfighter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Mage