mage preraid bis gear

mage preraid bis gear

by Serpentsun » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:05 am

hello i play a mage in the pve server atm, i am 45+, i'd like to know if there's a guide or any specific info on the fire res bis gear for mc - ony etc. i am thinking of grinding mats - gold for it during lvl'ing, which will save up much time when i ding 60. i'd also like to know how exactly the fire res gear works compared to the blue preraid bis gear, i mean which one u choose/equip, is there a fire res cap / minimum or any hit cap i need to have, stuff like that.
thank u in advance
Serpentsun
Tester

Re: mage preraid bis gear

by Mindcrank » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:07 pm

Don't bother with fire resistance gear as a mage.
Mindcrank
Grunt
Grunt

by Ana » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:39 pm

You don't need any resistance gear at all as dps until AQ40 tbh
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Drain » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:08 am

You don't need any FR. Just don't use stupid greens over better items like derp Mages do. Then you have STA and more mana for shields, which is as good as FR. Some Mages actually believe greens are better than their T1 set, solely because it has more SP on it. Don't be one of those guys.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Snautz » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:21 am

With the stamina you gain from pre-raid bis or close to, you got more than enough hp to survive any oneshot mechanic relevant to mages, and the raid damage casters currently take is easily outhealable/avoidable, besides the tiny bit of raid damage you do take will be magical anyways, so mana shields are pointless. Just keep Fire Ward up to help the healers out.
Just focus on getting pre-raid bis asap and you're golden. Mages T1 items are complete garbage, so don't bother with it at all.
Snautz
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ana » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:47 pm

Drain wrote:Some Mages actually believe greens are better than their T1 set, solely because it has more SP on it.

Well... T1 is actually a pile of garbage for mages. It's hopelessly bad and no stats will salvage this. But you can get plenty of dungeon blues with solid spell damage and stats.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Mage