AoE farming in ZG

AoE farming in ZG

by Miranish » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:36 pm

I made a video on how to consistently farm Crocolisks in ZG solo as mage.
I screwed up in the end and died to the pack which I'm now skipping in my runs. Instead I do the pack beneath Jin'do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_kFKxXUEQc
Miranish
Tester

Re: AoE farming in ZG

by Lazermon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:11 am

how do you reset? just stand outside and do the resetinstances script?
- AQ40 When?
- GRIZZLY Cineplex Regular
- Level 4 <Dankk Budz Collective> Memer
- Level 5 <GRIZZLY> Officer
Lazermon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Miranish » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:29 am

Lazermon wrote:how do you reset? just stand outside and do the resetinstances script?

I kill myself after de-equipping my gear and leave group -> invite and make raid and it's reset.

Also I farmed over 250 Bijous today:

Miranish
Tester

by Lazermon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:05 am

I guess the "secret" is out with this post anyhow, I can manage killing the pack you wiped on, so thats definitely possible (im not using netherwind, im using r13 gear), and after those two there are another 2 packs that aren't properly linked, you probably want to kill those two too depending on how long time it takes. I wasn't aware you could reset zg so I worked on every single croc pack and a lot of snake packs too.

I guess someone will figure out the ideal clear eventually.

I like how you do first double croc pull using the ledge with patrolling sons!
- AQ40 When?
Lazermon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by sumail » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:04 am

Wow that's legit, thanks for sharing!
sumail
Grunt
Grunt

by iflow » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:10 am

May I ask you how much items and reput you make per hour?

Thx for the video cause I was looking for some infos about that farm but I only found old stuff (or with overstuffed mages).
Pugface - 60 Mage - Les tontons flingueurs
Toolate - 19 Rogue - Immortal Aura
iflow
Private
Private

by Lazermon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:13 am

Adding some things.
You reset simply by dropping group outside, inviting someone and making raid, foolproof (you dont need to be dead).

All of the crocolisk packs can be killed. The two packs OP decided to skip can be pulled with rank1 blizzard after clearing 2 fish, you can then bring them to the ideal kill spot where the 2nd croc pack is, giving you a lot of space to deal with it. I do both of them at the same time.

After clearing those two packs, you need to kill 2 more fishes, and then you have 2 additional croc packs that arent properly linked, they should pose no problem for anyone.

Walking up from Pagles Point, heading towards the tiger boss, you can reach a spot guarded by some nonelite tiger cubs and 3 elite tigers. You can with some imagination pull and kill that pack too. This gives you access to a hoodoo pile and a dreamfoil node. However, do clear the 3 remaining tiger elites before activating the pile, I've had instances where the MC effect pulls the tigers. I have farmed 3 blood scythes for guildies this way.

Remember that fish will reset and let you leave combat if you get away far enough for it to lose sight of you.

Fish will evade if you are at the water surface, you have to be below water for them not to evade.
Using this fact: If you have trouble killing a fish, just get up on the surface and run away.
If your gear is too bad to kill fish, eh, just skip and do the easier packs instead. If you have the space, you can theoretically cone of cold fish in circles in water until you go out of mana (I have done this on a double fish pull).

The pack below jin'do can also be pulled with rank1 blizzard and killed at the easiest area at hakkar.

Once you have killed the final croc pack, you should be very close to the hakkar area but on the wrong side. Don't worry, you can jump over one of the tree roots to get back to where you started in a quick manner.

I do not know what is most effective: killing the final 2 croc packs + the tiger pack, or just go reset instead and repeat the initial targets.

I hope people will find out more small tricks you can do!
- AQ40 When?
Lazermon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Miranish » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:24 pm

I found that doing 3 pulls was the most efficient way for me. The one solo under the first bridge, double pull the one under hakkar's temple steps and on the right hand side of hakkars temple and the last one being the one beneath Jin'do. I managed to instance-lock myself once and I'd say I made everything from 30-40 bijous/h + coins.
Miranish
Tester

by MageQT » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:23 pm

There are no secrets in this ten year old game,

just people withholding information to get an edge or advantage, confusing it with skill. aka dickheads
Thank you for sharing
MageQT
Grunt
Grunt

by blizzie88 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:11 am

Has anyone noticed a decreased drop on coins/bijoux on the crocodile packs ? Seems like i'm getting more no-loot crocodiles than a few days ago
blizzie88
Tester

Next

Return to Mage