Mage SM cath farming

Mage SM cath farming

by ismackyeinthegabber » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:17 am

Hello people,

I'd like to know whether farming in SM cathedral might be worth it? I've seen a video once where a mage just run through, dodged the mobs outside of the cathedral itself and just run straight to Mograine and pulled. Now the entire cathedral came up to him and he iceblocked till everybody and their mom was smacking at him. Then he icenovaed and just bombed everything down. Would you guys consider this a good farming strategy or does it lack someting?
ismackyeinthegabber
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Mage SM cath farming

by CodyMueller » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:57 am

This is viable if you are a enchanter, the blues dropped off bosses can give you small radiants which are worth a pretty penny, as well if you get Blue quality weapons you might be better off selling them to vendors. I use to farm SM back in the day on my rogue/enchanter and would just pull library bosses to farm shards/chests. I will test it out later and tell you how it goes. :)

Edit- Tested, Cath was not do-able in my spec but Armory seemed so much easier, You didn't have to engage any Mobs you loot chests and blink past sketchy looking mobs. Seems Viable i have not ran this route for a hour yet So I cannot tell you what the profit range is but it looks like 35-40g/h
CodyMueller
Grunt
Grunt

by ismackyeinthegabber » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:32 pm

Okay thanks. :)
The mage in the video was pretty much decked out in BWL/T2 gear as the whole cathedral does quite some damage.
He had the classic blizzard spec in order to slow and then do the whole snare method as shown in the ZG farming video in another thread.
ismackyeinthegabber
Grunt
Grunt

by Ana » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:48 pm

You might die between dropping iceblock and getting away due to server lag.
If you survive that and withstand Mograine (who can't be snared) until everything else is dead you should be fine.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by CodyMueller » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:21 pm

Again, you can achieve the same outcome running through Armory without killing anything except last boss.
CodyMueller
Grunt
Grunt

by Ana » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Library too (though it's harder).
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by CodyMueller » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:17 pm

If anyone is interested I tested for 1hour and got 38 gold, if you would like to see the video let me know :)
CodyMueller
Grunt
Grunt

by MonroeX » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:31 pm

CodyMueller wrote:If anyone is interested I tested for 1hour and got 38 gold, if you would like to see the video let me know :)

Go ahead (:
MonroeX
Sergeant
Sergeant

by CodyMueller » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:40 pm

Here it is, Please like it ^.^ Tell me what you think!

Also, sorry for posting it late!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wgMRftdhK0
CodyMueller
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Mage