How this for a PvP Frost spec?

How this for a PvP Frost spec?

by Rocketeerraccoon » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:01 pm

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#ooxVcobZZVVGIsbt0o

I'm not really sure if Improved Blizzard is necessary at all? Otherwise I could go with maxed Cone of Cold?

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#ooxVcobZZVVGIobtho
Rocketeerraccoon
Grunt
Grunt

Re: How this for a PvP Frost spec?

by CodyMueller » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:18 am

That first spec looks fun for AV Blizzard is a underrated spell in AV especially with frostbite!
CodyMueller
Grunt
Grunt

by varth » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:28 am

Nothing screws over an av deathball like an improved blizzard, or when the ally is charging to recap aids you lay a blizzard down and its fantastic.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Rocketeerraccoon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:18 pm

CodyMueller wrote:That first spec looks fun for AV Blizzard is a underrated spell in AV especially with frostbite!

Yeah, I thought that, you can use rank 1 Blizzard to search for Rogues and if you catch them using the first spec they will be super slowed to ever get you, you can actually do the same to all melee people, having all 3 of Improved Blizzard actually gives the best chill slowness of 65%, pair it up with Permafrost and it becomes 75%!

I agree, first spec does seem like a fun spec, I'll go with that one. :D
Rocketeerraccoon
Grunt
Grunt

by CodyMueller » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:04 pm

Rocketeerraccoon wrote:
CodyMueller wrote:That first spec looks fun for AV Blizzard is a underrated spell in AV especially with frostbite!

Yeah, I thought that, you can use rank 1 Blizzard to search for Rogues and if you catch them using the first spec they will be super slowed to ever get you, you can actually do the same to all melee people, having all 3 of Improved Blizzard actually gives the best chill slowness of 65%, pair it up with Permafrost and it becomes 75%!

If you raid at all I suggest also getting 5/5 Winter Chill, it makes you a viable mage for raids. :)
CodyMueller
Grunt
Grunt

by Rocketeerraccoon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:32 pm

CodyMueller wrote:
Rocketeerraccoon wrote:

If you raid at all I suggest also getting 5/5 Winter Chill, it makes you a viable mage for raids. :)

Raiding requires a completely different talent setup like for instance you need Frost Channeling so that you don't gain threat as well as getting a mana cost reduction on all your Frost spells. Also you need Elemental Precision so you can actually hit the boss.
Rocketeerraccoon
Grunt
Grunt

by ismackyeinthegabber » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:31 pm

Dont take 3/3 blizzard. it overrides CoC debuff. So if you CoC then use Blizzard, CoC slow is gone and Blizzard debuff soon too as it wears off pretty fast. Faster than CoC anyways.
Only take 2/3 imp blizz.
ismackyeinthegabber
Grunt
Grunt

by Rocketeerraccoon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:25 pm

ismackyeinthegabber wrote:Dont take 3/3 blizzard. it overrides CoC debuff. So if you CoC then use Blizzard, CoC slow is gone and Blizzard debuff soon too as it wears off pretty fast. Faster than CoC anyways.
Only take 2/3 imp blizz.

Ok, looks like this one will do. http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#ooxVcobZZVVGIRbtoo
Rocketeerraccoon
Grunt
Grunt

by Ana » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:56 am

Move points from piercing ice into 3/3 cone imo. Also 1/3 precision if you lack hit gear (which you probably will, unless you're doing something stupid like trying to pvp in bloodvine).
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by mozibake » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:01 am

Take that point out of Arcane Resilience and use it to fill out Arcane Subtlety. At level 60 with AI I have like 230 int, 115 armor isnt going to save you lol. And a resisted sheep or CS will be your undoing long before a missed AM channel tick. Basically the only reason to use AM is because once the cast starts it keeps channeling even if the target moves out of range or behind you.

After filling out frost down to 31 points, there's 3 more that can be spent freely depending on personal preference. You currently have them in Piercing Ice, but if you wanted to move them around the usual options are:
*Frost Channeling for extra mana efficiency during long fights when you can't slip away and drink (also makes it so you can spam rank 1 blizzard infinitely with mage armor up and regenerate the mana cost before the spell finishes casting)
*Fill out 3/3 improved cone of cold and get 1/5 winter's chill for dispel protection on chill effects
*Elemental Precision 3/3 will cap your hit for PvP (iirc) and is also useful in AV PvEfest
you think it be like it is but it's don't
-jack brack
mozibake
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Mage