Has anyone else noticed?

Has anyone else noticed?

by mozibake » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:40 am

The going prices for mage services have plummeted recently. Some guy in Kargath was so offended that I wanted TWO WHOLE GOLD for a port that he chose to waste like a half hour flying to Stranglethorn and waiting on the zeppelin rather than just pay me(it was my last rune, the closest reagent vendor for Horde is in Stonard, and I needed to gtfo of there myself, supply and demand). Food and water are ridiculously cheap too, they're not even worth selling. Xiaomoshushi are driving down prices so much. They work for wages that no self-respecting Western mage would ever accept!
you think it be like it is but it's don't
-jack brack
mozibake
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Has anyone else noticed?

by Ana » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:45 pm

I suppose you'll have to embrace DME then 8-)
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by CodyMueller » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:49 pm

I personally give free water/food and ports. Why charge for these services when all it costs you is mana. It would be nice if they give you like 20 silver for ports but NEVER charge for water or food. That is ridiculous.
CodyMueller
Grunt
Grunt

by mozibake » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:05 am

CodyMueller wrote:I personally give free water/food and ports. Why charge for these services when all it costs you is mana. It would be nice if they give you like 20 silver for ports but NEVER charge for water or food. That is ridiculous.

It also costs you time. My time isn't free. If someone finds that objectionable then they can go buy food from the vendor for whatever outrageous price they charge instead. I couldn't tell you how many times I've been cursed at by random lowbies for not immediately stopping what I was doing to port them somewhere or make them food for free. So I don't.

Of course for instance groups I will hand out food and water to whoever wants it. It is mutually beneficial to everyone to not have healers and DPS running out of mana. But not to randoms off the street in Org who can't even say "please" or at least wave a few shekels under my nose.
you think it be like it is but it's don't
-jack brack
mozibake
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by CodyMueller » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:21 pm

your time isn't free? What?! Lol reality check you're playing a private server so it is actually entirely free. Quit acting like you're better then anyone else, give them water and food and move on.
CodyMueller
Grunt
Grunt

by claasified » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:50 pm

☐ Not REKT ☑ REKT ☑ REKTangle ☑ SHREKT ☑ REKT-it Ralph ☑ Total REKTall ☑ The Lord of the REKT ☑ The Usual SusREKTs ☑ North by NorthREKT ☑ REKT to the Future ☑ Once Upon a Time in the REKT ☑ The Good, the Bad, and the REKT ☑ LawREKT of Arabia ☑ Tyrannosaurus REKT ☑ eREKTile dysfunction
claasified
Tester

by Impsie » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:07 am

As obnoxious as random whispers and trade requests for food and water are, it's pretty dumb to capitalize off them.
Impsie
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Paulberios » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:03 am

Tips man
Paulberios
Grunt
Grunt

by thiella » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:18 pm

I give free portals and water/food only at dungeons. At other places I take 1g for portals. If someone thinks its expensive he can always use other traveling ways or find another mage.

And ofc I don't take tips for water/food. If someone want water outside dungeon he must buy it from me not tip me. Vendors sells higher for lower level water/food and ofc there are other mages if he don't like. I never advertise selling water/food/portals so if someone needs them he must pay or stop bothering me...
thiella
Sergeant
Sergeant

by danny » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:16 am

mozibake wrote:or at least wave a few shekels under my nose.

Haha. Lovely :D
danny
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Mage