Is Bloodvine set still pre-raid BiS without 300 tailor?

Is Bloodvine set still pre-raid BiS without 300 tailor?

by Fadi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:44 pm

Scoured all over the internet for this question and still couldn't find and answer. I want to know before I drop 400g on a set haha. I'm already 300 alch/engi so dropping for tailoring just for a set bonus is something that I really don't want to do.

Thanks!
Fadi
Tester

Re: Is Bloodvine set still pre-raid BiS without 300 tailor?

by Dervin20 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:13 pm

Depends on the gear you have.

The legs will always be bis.

If you have archmage chest (tailoring) and ringos boots(bwl trash), that is a better setup imo.
Dervin20
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lazermon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:41 pm

Dervin20 wrote:Depends on the gear you have.

If you have archmage chest (tailoring) and ringos boots(bwl trash), that is a better setup imo.

This.
- AQ40 When?
- GRIZZLY Cineplex Regular
- Level 4 <Dankk Budz Collective> Memer
- Level 5 <GRIZZLY> Officer
Lazermon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Fadi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:43 pm

Lazermon wrote:
Dervin20 wrote:Depends on the gear you have.

This.

Isn't that archmage chest BoP from tailoring? So I can't make that anyway and I'm pretty sure you can't buy it. As for Ringos boots, I'm only level 56 haha. So would it still be worth buying the full set once I ding 60? Or are there better pieces from UBRS/DM/Scholo/whatever that I could grab?

Thanks for the help btw guys!
Fadi
Tester

by Dervin20 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:41 pm

If you are a fresh 60, yes the bloodvine set will be bis.

This server isn't in the final end of vanilla patch stat that most private server use, so all the hit dungeon peices (turban, pearls, banthok) are not in the game.

As for the tailoring issue, i'd advise every mage to level 300 tailoring and make the archmage chest. And drop tailoring(archmage chest has no tailoring req) if you don't want to have tailoring.

Unless you have a flask recipe or frost power recipe alchemy is a dead profession in terms of economical gains and character potential.
Dervin20
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ana » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:01 pm

The only contenders for BV vest atm are archmage robe which requires you to be a tailor, and robe of volatile power from MC.
BV legs don't even have a contender, they're overall bis, not only pre-raid. Get them asap.
For boots you have the option to get pvp boots instead (they're slightly worse but make a good combo with pvp gloves and an insanely good combo with pvp shoulders, if you can be bothered to get rank 10).
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Mage