Chosing the race, it is so important?

Re: Chosing the race, it is so important?

by bethrezenn » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:59 am

Are you boys kidding me ?

Gnome mage is best race/class combo of all of them available, and EA is extremely usefull.
bethrezenn
Grunt
Grunt

by Levinas » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:19 am

bethrezenn wrote:Are you boys kidding me ?

Gnome mage is best race/class combo of all of them available, and EA is extremely usefull.

Yes, but if he doesn't like the Gnome look (understandable), it's not like Human Mage is terribad.
Greatness, at any cost.
Levinas
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by idosky » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:13 pm

Gnome look is awesome! and hell..if u gonna pick a mage from allaince gnome is Your go too class.
idosky
Grunt
Grunt

by Celonius » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:21 am

idosky wrote:Gnome look is awesome! and hell..if u gonna pick a mage from allaince gnome is Your go too class.

Why am I going to roll a race which I do not like? The guys told that difference is minimum, and all the wiki say the same: What it really matters ir your skill and gear. Also, the human racial es very useful against rogues, and I see a lot of them in vanilla.

bethrezenn wrote:Are you boys kidding me ?

Man, did you read the whole thread. No one is saying that the racial for gnome is worst than human, people are just saying that the difference is minimum, not like other classes like rogue or priest, where racials are significant in order to be competitive.

I do not like the Gnome (I respect and I understand people who like it, but for me, is not a likeable races to play it), and for me playing this game is not only be competitive. There are other things like enjoy the lore of Warcraft, and rolling an Human, one of my fav races in this universe, is really rellevant. All the wikis say the same: In the endgame, your gear and skill will determinate competitive you are in PvP and PvE, not the racial

Also, the human racial against rogues is very useful in OPvP.
Celonius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by zhalle » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:54 pm

Levinas wrote:Human Mage is fine. Just don't pick female, as it gives +10 Neckbeard points.

So you wanna be a dude in a dress? well whatever floats your boat i guess..
zhalle
Private
Private

by Impsie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:03 pm

lol @ this thread tho. It's really an easy answer.

If you care about min/max roll Gnome/Troll. If you care about PvP roll Gnome/Undead.

If you don't care about these things roll what you think looks best.
Impsie
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Celonius » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:33 am

Impsie wrote:lol @ this thread tho. It's really an easy answer.

If you care about min/max roll Gnome/Troll. If you care about PvP roll Gnome/Undead.

If you don't care about these things roll what you think looks best.

The point is, how relevant it is Min/Max on PvP in this case?
Celonius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:03 am

Race is the most important choice in the game in terms of character.
I rarely get along with people who play human or nelf.

Play the race that you'd pick if gameplay features weren't a concern. People doing that skew impressions a lot. Out of all dwarves I've met, the only ones that have a consistent % of worthless people are the priests, those that picked dwarf only for fear ward (those that did because they like dwarves are awesome folks), but that if left to their own devices would have gravitated for human or nelf.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dr. Doom » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:08 am

Ana wrote:The difference here is nowhere near comparable to how game breaking the UD vs troll choice is.

Why is that one so big? WotF utility? I doubt it's the shadow res boost.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Ana » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Correct. UD mages have basically no counters, thanks to WotF.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Mage