Which profession choose for a PvP Mage?

Which profession choose for a PvP Mage?

by Celonius » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:00 pm

I'm rolling an human mage, and I want to know which is the best profession who fits to this class.
Celonius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Which profession choose for a PvP Mage?

by Paulberios » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:31 pm

Engineering.
Paulberios
Grunt
Grunt

by Celonius » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:59 pm

Paulberios wrote:Engineering.

With mining? Some people told me: eng/tailoring, but this is my main and I have no money, eng is a expensive profession and I will need mining in order to get the mats easily. So: eng/mining? Or better eng/tailoring.

Anyway, thanks man.
Celonius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ana » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:40 am

Mining is a sad business. You're probably better off farming gold and abusing AH heh

Engi is obviously the main choice for PvP, it puts you several steps above non-engineers in terms of raw character utility.
Tailoring is for bloodvine, but that doesn't concern you really. Bloodvine is awful in PvP.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Celonius » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Ana wrote:Mining is a sad business. You're probably better off farming gold and abusing AH heh

Engi is obviously the main choice for PvP, it puts you several steps above non-engineers in terms of raw character utility.
Tailoring is for bloodvine, but that doesn't concern you really. Bloodvine is awful in PvP.

I roll for mining cause I do not have money. Everyone told me that engin is an expensive profession, so I will need to roll into mining in order to get the mats easily.
Celonius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ana » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:51 pm

As a wise goblin once said, time is money, friend.

You can:
- spend a fuckton of time leveling mining and then spend even more time mining for the mats you need (keep in mind there's a limited number of nodes in world instance and Chinatown will happily tag every single one as soon as it spawns, we have 13k people online at peaks...)
- spend time farming gold (mage is very damn good at that) and then spend the gold to buy the mats you need

Bottom line is this amounts to the same thing, you trade time investment for engi mats. I say the second path (farming currency) costs you much less time than the first. I may be wrong, but considering the bitching about overpopulation I see just about everywhere every single day, I don't think I am.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Celonius » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:29 pm

Ana wrote:As a wise goblin once said, time is money, friend.

You can:
- spend a fuckton of time leveling mining and then spend even more time mining for the mats you need (keep in mind there's a limited number of nodes in world instance and Chinatown will happily tag every single one as soon as it spawns, we have 13k people online at peaks...)
- spend time farming gold (mage is very damn good at that) and then spend the gold to buy the mats you need

Bottom line is this amounts to the same thing, you trade time investment for engi mats. I say the second path (farming currency) costs you much less time than the first. I may be wrong, but considering the bitching about overpopulation I see just about everywhere every single day, I don't think I am.

So, eng with what other proff do you recommend?
Celonius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Futitavana » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:28 pm

So heres my advice.

I level a. Ud mage, took minin engeneering.

Mining is rly easy past 125skill level. Before that i recommend to do the loop in silverpine forest.
I managed to twink my char, lvl engeneer to 250 at level 30 and buy a spellpower enchant with these professions. Its rly good gold while levelling. Once you reach lvl 53 or so, you can start farming dire maul east so then you can drop mining if you want. I did drop mining for alch since i raid and pvp.

From lvl 53, mining is just a bonus income to levelling.

To give you an idea of how much you can profit as a mage. I managed to get my epic the minute i dinged 60 without even trying dire maul. So dont worry about gold much. Youll be able to craft your bombs from mats u buy from ah. Thats what i do and i never regretted dropping mining. I do recommend taking it for leveling.

Whisper or mail futitavana horde pvp for questions.
Futitavana
Tester

by Kabe » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:49 pm

Engineering...
Aaaaaand if you really hate life..
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=10418
Blacksmithing.. (In case you want yet another thing to use against warlocks/priests)
Kabe
Private
Private

Return to Mage