DMN mage farm

Re: DMN mage farm

by Quickbowjob » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:20 pm

Still think this will make more G/hr will find out soon.
And a good way to boost low levels. ;)
Quickbowjob
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Izt » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:03 pm

Careful. You're exploiting the pathing on the first 2 packs and the boss. I spoke to a GM about this ages ago and their response was, yes, the token word is 'exploit', and you're not allowed to do it.
Izt
Tester

by Sonasol » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:58 pm

Is not our fault ogres are to fat to jump lol

You might be right, I thought the same when was doing it, I thought the same when I saw all those 10years old videos with wall jumping from real vanilla, most of them on DMN and WEST.
The thing is... the paths are so obvius, are so there that looks like blizzard wanted us to us them. Some we dont even need to jump, we just run and the mobs take a completely diferent path, we got litle ramps that lead us to those alternative paths. DM got a weird design in that way.

If wasnt some changes that Nostalrius did you could even solo all bosses there, like this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbHkXttoowE

If is exploit or not I cant tell you, just Nostalrius can :)
Sonasol
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by StanRogers » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:51 pm

So, without having the DM key, your bags fill up quite fast on the trash from the bugs, some of them only stack @ 5. So that kind of sucks. The green ilvl is higher than DM east to get illusion dust/greater eternal essence from disenchants. Also you get thorium boxes rather than mithril boxes.

It's amazingly good place to farm if you are a skinner, all mobs except boss are skinnable and you can make rugged armor kits to sell on AH for 6-9g/stack (50 leathers) and you get about 50-60 leathers every run. Bad thing is, this makes your bags fill up even faster, aswell it takes ages to skin every mob which increases clear time with several minutes.

This place can keep you farming nonstop. I have to travel back to clear bags quite fast and it's hard to farm this place if there is ingame delay.

Dunno what thread starters said "guaranteed" large brilliant cuz the boss drops a green item more than he drops the blues.
StanRogers
Private
Private

by Sonasol » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:50 pm

Yeah the blue isnt guaranteed, when I made the video I have been there like 6 or 7 times and all droped a blue, my mistaque.

Bags can be full very fast yes, to me thats a good thing. You can allways delete what you think doesnt worth keeping.

I was there only for 3 days to buy the mount and the bloodvine set, im not a farmar. I get bored with it.
Im usualy trying to find spots like this but after I find I move to other :P
Sonasol
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Azonos » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:46 am

What key are you guys talking about?
Azonos 36 - PVE
Azonos
Grunt
Grunt

by ismackyeinthegabber » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:03 am

Azonos wrote:What key are you guys talking about?

The Crescent Key from Pussilin, if you have that key you go in DM:N and to the first boss to the left, there are stairs leading downwards. There you can open a door to DM: W library (Prince and Immol'thar arent killable but you gain access to the classquest and more important in this case to a vendor).
In order to obtainthe key you have to chase Pussilin through DM: E and finally kill him.
ismackyeinthegabber
Grunt
Grunt

by Crossbreed » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:02 pm

Does anyone know if the drop rates for rare items from http://db.vanillagaming.org are accurated and apply to Nost - or rather, how to interpret them?

I think there are 19 hyenas in the first pack, 10 critters in the second pack, 20 critters in the third pack, and 8 hyenas in the fourth pack (maybe I miscounted by 1-2 or so, but doesn't matter much); so that would total 57 mobs per run, excluding the boss.

Vanillagaming lists something like 40 possible different blue items from the hyenas and bugs/scroptions, each with 0.05% drop chance. 57 mobs * 40 potential blue drops * 0.05% chance for each = on average, you'd get 1.14 blue drops per run.

Somehow my spidey sense - and also my practical experience - tells me something is wrong about these numbers ;)
Is it maybe 0.05% chance for a blue drop per mob, and then its just random which one of the 40 from the pool you'd get (so each item would drop with 0.05%/40 = 0.00125%)? Or are the numbers on vanillagaming just badly rounded?
Crossbreed
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Mage