Minimum Stats for BWL

Minimum Stats for BWL

by karagiozis » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:59 am

What amount of hit (%) and spell power should I be aiming for in order to reasonably be invited to Blacken Lair?

I pose the same question for MC/ZG if anyone knows off the top of their head.

I am currently sitting at 282 spell power unbuffed, and 8% hit chance. I am just curious so I know what to expect/aim for initially while farming BG rep, and dungeons.
karagiozis
Tester

Re: Minimum Stats for BWL

by vinceyoung » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:19 pm

I'd say just go for pre-raid BIS and try to get into some MC/ZG pugs. Once you get near pre-raid BIS start applying to guilds that fit your schedule and have a mage spot open.

Really if you can write a good application most guilds will give you a chance as a trial even if your gear isn't that amazing. With AQ coming up I think the demand for mages will increase.

Also try to get rank 10 eventually.
vinceyoung
Sergeant
Sergeant

by sheepstickss » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:25 pm

A solid set of preraid BIS is ~350 sp + 7 hit + 5 crit (with zg, but not including enchants).
or ~350 sp 5 hit 4 crit (without zg or enchants)
If you wish you can post your realmplayers link and I can reccomend some gear for you - theres many posts around this forum with preraid BIS lists.

But just focus on getting easy upgrades(enchants, AH greens, ZG), do some research on content so you know what to do, put some effort into application and you'd be picked up pretty fast.
sheepstickss
Private
Private

by Milton3450 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:21 pm

Just got a question. When will AQ40 come out? And as a fire mage would some ZG gear be fine for AQ40? I don't want to switch to frost. So can fire manage?
Milton3450
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ana » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:33 pm

BWL has like 10 game bis items for a mage, so you kinda wanna go there... and doing BWL as fire is obnoxious.
Mages shit gold anyway, you should be able to afford a respec every now and then

@OP
If you're 280 sp and 8 hit atm, then consumables, running the right spec and knowing how to dps properly will do half the work in BWL for you. I'd say 350+enchants and 7-8 hit is enough to start doing some serious damage (crit is good of course but you're at like 20% chance with no crit from gear anyway).
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Milton3450 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:04 pm

Can someone tell me how respec cost works? Max is 60 g right? And will that go down eventually or just stay 60 g forever when u have reached max?
Milton3450
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ana » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:40 pm

It goes up to 50g and goes down eventually... if you don't respec for at least a month.
So yeah, from practical point of view you're gonna be respeccing for 50g always :) (except the first several times, of course)
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:00 pm

Ana wrote:BWL has like 10 game bis items for a mage, so you kinda wanna go there... and doing BWL as fire is obnoxious.

Just a side curiosity here. Unlike Molten Core, BWL doesn't have fire elementals or mobs immune to that school of magic. Do they have high fire, but not frost, resistances that can't be circumvented with CoE/gear?
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by ShaqPack » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Milton3450 wrote:Just got a question. When will AQ40 come out? And as a fire mage would some ZG gear be fine for AQ40? I don't want to switch to frost. So can fire manage?

ZG has a few great items, mostly the enchants, and items off Jin'do and Hakkar but to make fire really work you're going to have to get BWL stuff. If you lack those BIS items, it'd probably just be easier to go frost for the time being.
ShaqPack
Sergeant
Sergeant

by vinceyoung » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:32 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:
Ana wrote:BWL has like 10 game bis items for a mage, so you kinda wanna go there... and doing BWL as fire is obnoxious.

Just a side curiosity here. Unlike Molten Core, BWL doesn't have fire elementals or mobs immune to that school of magic. Do they have high fire, but not frost, resistances that can't be circumvented with CoE/gear?

I think every boss is immune to fire damage except broodlord and chromag.
vinceyoung
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Mage