Maximazing INT

Maximazing INT

by flowison » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:10 pm

maybe someone can help me with this:

i am not sure if it was vanilla, or tbc back then.

i have read a thread in the official forum about an arcane mage, who just maximize his INT stats.
so he farmed green/blue gear with +xxx int on it.

he didnt care about any +spelldamge, or +crit on his items.

really just maxing +int.

his manapool was INSANE and he was in a raiding guild, saying that he doesnt lack much in DPS compared to others, because he never needed any manabreaks.

now i was looking for something similar, but cant find anything.
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Maximazing INT

by vinceyoung » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:56 pm

It's not good. When you raid MC/BWL youre gonna be frost spec, either winter's chill or AP/frost, both these specs are pretty mana efficient. In either case mana is not an issue. Also typically between pulls there's normally a slight break where you can drink so stacking int makes even less of a difference since there is always some sort of delay in the action. You'll basically just end up stacking a stat that gives you no real dps benefit outside of a little bit of crit.
vinceyoung
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Pottu » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:24 pm

That is probably from TBC, when changes were made to the Arcane tree that made the tree more viable on its own.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Syphonize » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:31 am

I played a pure Arcane Mage on Nostalrius before it shut down but cleared all content. It was okay, but definitely worse than Frost. I don't recommend trying unless you really try-hard though, but it's quite fun!
Syphonize
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by flowison » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:00 pm

Syphonize wrote:I played a pure Arcane Mage on Nostalrius before it shut down but cleared all content. It was okay, but definitely worse than Frost. I don't recommend trying unless you really try-hard though, but it's quite fun!

can u tell more about it?
which spec did you use?
what items for preraid?
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by simppi » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:38 am

flowison wrote:
Syphonize wrote:I played a pure Arcane Mage on Nostalrius before it shut down but cleared all content. It was okay, but definitely worse than Frost. I don't recommend trying unless you really try-hard though, but it's quite fun!

can u tell more about it?
which spec did you use?
what items for preraid?

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#oigE0ocquZbhhbc
This would be the spec.
The gear to go for is 6% spell hit, ~8k mana selfbuffed and rest into spellpower.
simppi
Grunt
Grunt

by flowison » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:43 am

thank you!
but the 2 points in imp. wands are worthless, arent they?
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Syphonize » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:36 am

I personally took Magic Attunement instead of Wand Specialization at 60. You might like to buff tanks with it! But yes, what simppi said is essentially what I went for.
Syphonize
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by simppi » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:15 pm

Yea ofc there are some talents that you can change around, I took those points in wand for lvling.
simppi
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Mage