Again resistances...

Again resistances...

by Melikecookies » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:25 pm

Ok i have 3/3 Elemental precision and i'm unsure whether it's normal for some foes to have unnaturaly high resistances to my spells even if they are in the yellow/green level range.

Of course it makes sense for frost/fire elementals to have immunity to their respective elements.Ok.
Murlocs and turtles and other water related stuff-fine by me to have frost resistances as well.

Frost

Dalaran (you name it) mages,protectors whatever.They have like permanent frost ward.Almost impervious while not immune.
Worgens.Same stuff-can chain frostbolt 3-4 times and resist to oblivion.

Fire

For some reason the hard sun in the Barrens have toughened the centaurs there making them highly resistant as well.

These are just a few enemies and i'm sure there are a lot more which i have forgotten or not encountered yet.Still is this normal or is it bugged?
Melikecookies
Private
Private

Re: Again resistances...

by Zyfire » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:02 pm

Melikecookies wrote:Ok i have 3/3 Elemental precision and i'm unsure whether it's normal for some foes to have unnaturaly high resistances to my spells even if they are in the yellow/green level range.

Of course it makes sense for frost/fire elementals to have immunity to their respective elements.Ok.
Murlocs and turtles and other water related stuff-fine by me to have frost resistances as well.

Frost

Dalaran (you name it) mages,protectors whatever.They have like permanent frost ward.Almost impervious while not immune.
Worgens.Same stuff-can chain frostbolt 3-4 times and resist to oblivion.

Fire

For some reason the hard sun in the Barrens have toughened the centaurs there making them highly resistant as well.

These are just a few enemies and i'm sure there are a lot more which i have forgotten or not encountered yet.Still is this normal or is it bugged?

Normal. It was much more normal in vanilla for mobs to have different resistances to different thing, which I kinda like because it makes for better immersion.

Knight Zyfire - Lvl 60 Mage <Flashback>
Zyfire
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Mage