Please Read - Reporting a Bug

Account or connection issues

Please Read - Reporting a Bug

by eXperienCe » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:57 pm

As I see so many topics about bugs, and wanting help with them, I decided to post this topic here in the Support section for anyone experiencing a bug/exploit.

If you take a few minutes of your day to register and verify your account on the Official Nostalrius BugTracker you will be able to help the Staff and Development Team greatly, helping them keep organized.

Please remember to add as much information as possible about the bug you are posting.

Information suggestions:
- Spell ID/Name (if applicable)
- Content area (Such as Westfall, Orgrimmar, etc)
- Quest ID/Name (if applicable)
- Creature ID/Name (if applicable)
- Your Character's Race/Class/Name (if applicable)
- Detailed information regarding the bug and why it is a bug

Tools:
You can lookup any quest, creature, spell, etc on > http://db.vanillagaming.org/

The website above will allow you to get the ID of the quest, creature, spell, etc that will be used by the development team.

Official Nosalrius BugTracker > https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/t ... tracker=14

Below is Viper's post about the BugTracker:

Viper wrote:A bug tracking system or defect tracking system is a software application that keeps track of reported software bugs in software development projects. It may be regarded as a type of issue tracking system.

1. How to register

First you'll need to register yourself to be able to create new artefacts.
To do so, please check this link

Once your account has been registered/validated, please login, and then access the Nostalrius Bugtracker here

2. Create a new artefact

Game Master will not take bug request in-game anymore, players will have to use the Bug tracker for this purpose. This will help clean up a lot of the tickets we get on a daily basis. All artefacts needs to be written in english. Before sending a new bug report try to check if this has already been submited in order to now slow the patching process. If your artefact is linked to a "sensible bug report" (cheating, abuse), please contact directly a Game Master.

• Click on the top left to Submit a new artefact,
  • Create a Summary title like this ,
    [XXXX] YYYYY
    Where XXXX is the ID of an object,item,creature,class name or instance/raid name,
    and YYYYY is the description of the artefact found.
    For IDs, check on http://www.wowhead.com/
  • Choose the right Category:
    • Battleground => Problem linked to Battlegrounds (ex: Alterac),
    • Class => Problem linked to class mechanics (ex: Rogue),
    • Event => Problem link to an event event (ex: Valentine's day),
    • Instance/Raid => Problem link to an instance (ex: RFK),
    • Creature/NPC => Problem link to a creature outside of an instance (ex: Kodo in Mulgore),
    • Object/Item => Problème linked to an object outside of an instance or an item (ex: felcoth),
    • Quest => Problem linked to a quest outside of an instance or a battleground (ex: Kill the bad grey kodo),
    • Worldboss => Problem linked to a worldboss (ex: Lethon),

In the description, don't forget to add you character name, it can be usefull for us.

Best regards,
Nostalrius.

Happy gaming!
Regards,
~eXperienCe

Nostalrius
Report bugs on the BugTracker: https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/t ... tracker=14

If you are having any technical issues with your game client please PM me as I can likely help you resolve it.
eXperienCe
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Please Read - Reporting a Bug

by Cerbyonas » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:12 am

Sorry for posting this here; my web browser wouldn't let me access the "Report Bugs"-link.

I just wanted to let you know that the Storage Chest in Goldshire, linked to the quest "The Legend of Stalvan" is bugged; it won't let you loot the contents, and when you try to open it it freezes for a longer period of time.
Cerbyonas
Tester

by Ezcalate » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:37 am

Hey guys,

there is a problem with a box in the harbor of Booty Bay. For the quest "Warsong Supplies" you would need to open this box in order to get "Warsong Axe Shipment".
If you want to open the box the castbar gets green in the end but nothing happens. You will not see a loottable or be rewarded with quickloot. If you want to try it again it says "That is already being used". Tryed to relogg a lot of times, turned of all Addons. Can u take a loot at it? I need this urgent :D.

Because i've been quite a long time near that box i can say that a lot of other players have the same problem.

kind regards
Ezcalate
Tester

by marks716 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:44 pm

Andron's Bookshelf for the quest The Deathstalkers

This is a bug where when the bookshelf is used (right-clicked) the progress bar fills completely and the object does not yield the item it should, this item being Andron's Ledger. This is not a unique bug, there are many, many, seriously many instances of this sort of thing occurring. For pretty much every quest that involves using an object to obtain an item, which is why I'm posting this here.
For The Lich's Identity this bug exists, and for the mage class quest this bug exists, just to name a few examples.

This is some sort of general bug that happens to affect this quest in concordance with all other similar quests. Possibly some file path does not exist for the item to be lootable from the object.

A fix for this and all other similar problems would be much appreciated, thank you for your time.
marks716
Tester

Mouse will not function in game

by hellzjester » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:11 pm

So I just downloaded and installed last night from the website. Made a dwarf paladin and was playing just fine. Went to log on just a few moments ago and my mouse is semi-unresponsive. It shows the gauntlet, but the gauntlet doesn't move. My cursor is invisible and I have to move it all over and I can only tell where it is when I move it over an object that can be highlighted. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client to no avail. Anyone experience this or if a moderator or GM could help me that would be great.
hellzjester
Tester

by hellzjester » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:08 pm

Ok so I figured out the problem, I had to disable the Hardware Cursor option in the Video Options. So if anyone else encounters the problem I had that is how you fix it.
hellzjester
Tester

by Zaton » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:34 am

when I logon to my lvl 29 ne hunter named Aboss im flying trough the air near the top of the map I cant hearth cuz it says im moving I cant do auto unstuck cuz it says im mounted and when I log out to hope it will rez me at GY it logs me back in at the same spot in the middle of no where if theres anyway you can make my toon unstuck from the middle of no where so I can play my main toon again that would be great

you guys know the pass help me please im beginning to get frustrated
Last edited by Pottu on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed account name
Zaton
Tester

by Pottu » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:52 am

Please make an in-game ticket. Red question mark -> Stuck -> Still stuck, page a GM -> explain your issue.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Return to Support