SOLUTIONS FOR CONNECT PROBLEMS, READ BEFORE YOU POST

Account or connection issues

Re: SOLUTIONS FOR CONNECT PROBLEMS, READ BEFORE YOU POST

by dog&wedge » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:01 am

I am unable to log on says connected than disconnected before getting to char screen tried all the above still no go been 2days now
dog&wedge
Tester

by zongdoe » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:53 pm

Hopefully this post will reach out to a GM for an answer.

I was playing on my account for a few days w/o issue (only experienced a couple disconnections but was usually able to simply log back on and continue playing. However I was d/c'd last night (July 2nd) and then was never able to log on fully again. When I type in my info, it gets stuck at connected (yes, i'm on the correct realm) without the ability to even see my characters at the log-in screen. I have tried using all of the troubleshooting forums and posts but have still been unsuccessful in fixing this issue. I don't believe I could have been banned for I never used any type of cheats on this game, also there is no indication of being banned when logging into the Nostalrius website.

I even created a new account and was able to log in successfully onto that one, which is great, however I've put in too many hours of play time on my original account and am anxious to find a solution.

Thanks for taking your time to read this,

Account Name: zongdoe
zongdoe
Tester

by julapen » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Hello, new user here. I just downloaded the client and installedd it. No problems until I tried to login and then I get this tab that says that information is invalid and such. The realm my game is on is set on Nostalrius Begins.
julapen
Tester

by Plahdo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:21 am

I've played online a few times already but every time I would log in I'd have to try multiple times to connect, but now every time it finally does connect it brings up my realm list and I'll click my realm and it'll say connecting then it'll take me to the realm list again over and over again. Idk what to do but it's starting to piss me off...
Plahdo
Tester

by broncos992 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:06 am

I keep connecting but when it goes to log into Nostalrius begins it hangs for a second and then goes back to the Choose realm menu. If I choose Nostalrius begins it just keeps going back to the menu. I have tried all suggestions above
broncos992
Tester

by Dreadmight » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:31 am

Hello, new user here. I've registered everything I need to, my realm is set right, I have the correct client, but upon trying to log in I first get a 'Disconnected from server' error, then upon repeated attempts it will get to 'handshaking' and then give me the same error. On my last attempt it said my account was banned for what I'm assuming is too many login attempts in a given time. Is this simply due to the server having issues at the moment or is it due to something I've done? I've gone through everything suggested in the FAQ to no avail.
Dreadmight
Private
Private

by TheViper » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:26 pm

Okay I have quite a confusing problem here. For some reason I can't connect to the server, but only on my laptop (windows 8). I can connect without issue on my gf's laptop (windows 7), but whenever I try to login on the client on my laptop it automatically disconnects me. I have reinstalled the client and the realmlist is correct (checked and double checked), but still no luck. My firewall settings are fine (nothing blocking the client) and my laptop connects to the internet perfectly (posting from it now). This is a recent problem as it was working fine 2 days ago, and seems to only be getting worse since yesterday I could occasionally get as far as the realm list before being disconnected (I assumed it was the servers). I am out of ideas and unsure of what to do now, pls halp

Just realised what I did before I posted this but thought i would post anyway to help others who may be stuck. My client kept trying to login to the test realm which was why it was disconnecting. Edited my WTF file to add "set realmname Nostalrius Begins" and then logged in. Unsure if this was correct, but when I next logged in, it came up with the suggestions for realm and I could access the realmlist again and choose Nostalrius Begins. Works fine now.
TheViper
Tester

by ondrejgalle » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:30 am

thanks very useful
ondrejgalle
Tester

by Petzy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:01 pm

I created my account about a week ago and I started to encounter connection problems about three days ago. When I try to log in, I instantly get a message saying: ''Disconnected from the server'' or ''Unable to connect'' and I've tried multiple different fixes that I've found on Reddit and Nostalrius forums and nothing seems to fix the problem. Is there problems with the server or is the problem on my end? I'd really like to get back to playing since this is the best Vanilla WoW there is at the moment, atleast on my opinion. Any suggestions??
Petzy
Tester

by Markozlo » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:53 pm

Ok, i had a lot of disconnects lately, at first i was tripping that server problem have caused it, ok some of them are server related but just recently after server was up and going normally i started to think it might be cause of my net, so i am going on speed test, checking everything works fine. Played world of warships, not a single dc. What could be a cause? Well let me tell you what i did afterwards. I disabled my Avast anti virus program, not a single dc from then on. So in case you have disconnect problems try disabling your anti virus. Cheers
Markozlo
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Support