20-29 Thread

Re: 20-29 Thread

by stimz » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:43 am

Sham wrote:
For pally - maybe. For my dwarf priest it was exact opposite. No way in hell lone warlock could kill me or even threat somehow except cc, while I could kill them pretty easy just by swp+mindblast+wanding. Also having ward helps vs fear.
But twink hunters, especially full agi build like Buffalojack, were real pain. Huge dmg on cloth which requires to heal almost non stop under preassure, and its hard to get close for fear if hunter knows what he is doing. Warlock you can solo kill fast, with hunter who always has 2k+ hp its so long and mana consuming, usually just not worth it, so you have to run from them.

Armor pots yo, having a priest running around with 1600 armor meant the only kill pressure on a priest was when completely oom. Warlock isn't about killing you, though stacked they will, it's about CoTing you while dot draining everything else with extra pressure from the 300+ damage insta cast shadowbolts they crap out, or just mana draining you which actually was pretty strong if they were persistent. Dispel costs what, half the full drain so your only option was to take it or get zoned. CoT in vanilla is probably the most powerful cc in the game, since it wasn't til what, mid TBC? early TBC? when they gave CoT PvP duration cap and lowered it from 50%.

I dunno, it never happened here thank god, but a lock stacked team with fury wars peeling rogues off them is pure canceraids. Even worse when you have a shadow specced support troll priest spamming rank 1 pain and hex to cover dots and fear with weaving. Hex cuts like 40 healing off a 250~ healing pally per cast and that +healing isn't free. It's just no one ran DPS mages and very few shadow locks or they coulda been globaling me pretty consistently.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Eskiboy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:27 am

Post your TBC names here guys, so I know who to /spit on when I see ya.

I'm Eski / Eskiboy (Alliance) on Amazon
ROLL DEEP.
Eskiboy
Private
Private

by comanche » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:37 am

-Snipped-
Last edited by Abathur on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Advertisement;
comanche
Private
Private

by Barbielol » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:43 pm

TBC is shit, now at least

i'm testing Kronos
haven't mentioned any considerable bugz yet, population & economics markedly fueled by Nost's death.
wsg 20-29 popping pretty good, not worst choice of twinkz retreat IMO
Alkiona
Barbielol
Tester

by kuurtzen » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:33 pm

Turn ins on kronos always give xp so it seems some people are getting the last couple of levels for every bracket on bgs so atm the 29's are fairly active
kuurtzen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Sham » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:53 pm

stimz wrote:Armor pots yo, having a priest running around with 1600 armor meant the only kill pressure on a priest was when completely oom. Warlock isn't about killing you, though stacked they will, it's about CoTing you while dot draining everything else with extra pressure from the 300+ damage insta cast shadowbolts they crap out, or just mana draining you which actually was pretty strong if they were persistent. Dispel costs what, half the full drain so your only option was to take it or get zoned. CoT in vanilla is probably the most powerful cc in the game, since it wasn't til what, mid TBC? early TBC? when they gave CoT PvP duration cap and lowered it from 50%.

Armor pot gives 3-4% physical dmg reduction. Its not like it helps big time vs hunter. Priest takes like 150-200 dmg per second from twink hunter. It means he has to constantly spam heals on himself just to survive that.

As for warlock, lol @CoT and drains. Ok, lock casted CoT taking away one of his major dmg sources (Agony). What he will dmg priest with? Corruption? I wouldnt even care to dispel this shit, instant renew and shield wil deal with it. Drain health? Warlock will be oom in few seconds if he spams it and he wont outlast priest. Shadow bolt? Priest wanding will constantly pushedback it and wand will deal more dmg before SB finally goes off. Warlock has no ways to kill twink priest that knows what he is doing. If he is full dmg build he will die very fast. If he has 2k+ hp, he wont do any dmg to priest.
Hunter Insanitty (29 twink)
Warrior Insannity (29 twink)
Warlock Inssanity (29 twink)
Priest Darksanity (29 twink)
<Amost Thirty> guild
Sham
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by stimz » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:39 pm

Sham wrote:
Armor pot gives 3-4% physical dmg reduction. Its not like it helps big time vs hunter. Priest takes like 150-200 dmg per second from twink hunter. It means he has to constantly spam heals on himself just to survive that.

As for warlock, lol @CoT and drains. Ok, lock casted CoT taking away one of his major dmg sources (Agony). What he will dmg priest with? Corruption? I wouldnt even care to dispel this shit, instant renew and shield wil deal with it. Drain health? Warlock will be oom in few seconds if he spams it and he wont outlast priest. Shadow bolt? Priest wanding will constantly pushedback it and wand will deal more dmg before SB finally goes off. Warlock has no ways to kill twink priest that knows what he is doing. If he is full dmg build he will die very fast. If he has 2k+ hp, he wont do any dmg to priest.

Why are you assuming everything is 1v1? Also that DPS number does not happen on a priest with IF and armor pot even if you do stand still, which priests have no reason to. Besides, if I had the gold to build my priest... well and I still had my priest... okay I admit, I regret that whole chain of events, BUT IF I DID I woulda had double 125 armor librams and 2/3 imp devo for around 1800 armor(like 150 less than my pally since I liked how the cloth I wore looked) with 250 armor pot. It's true casters can't solo priests, but getting phys trained with CoT was always a risk. You realllly underestimate the power of armor in sub 40 brackets. Even 39 is jokey cause clothies and leather can pop stoneshield pots.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Sham » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:17 pm

stimz wrote:Why are you assuming everything is 1v1? Also that DPS number does not happen on a priest with IF and armor pot even if you do stand still, which priests have no reason to. Besides, if I had the gold to build my priest... well and I still had my priest... okay I admit, I regret that whole chain of events, BUT IF I DID I woulda had double 125 armor librams and 2/3 imp devo for around 1800 armor(like 150 less than my pally since I liked how the cloth I wore looked) with 250 armor pot. It's true casters can't solo priests, but getting phys trained with CoT was always a risk. You realllly underestimate the power of armor in sub 40 brackets. Even 39 is jokey cause clothies and leather can pop stoneshield pots.

I know armor is strong, thats why I had armor pots on all my chars. But going for armor librams is questionable since you trade this 250 armor for 200 hp. Thats 15% of health minus for 4% physical mitigation.

2/3 imp devo is also questionable since it competes with lower cost of instant cast abilities talent which is very good since priest spams renews and shields all the time.
Hunter Insanitty (29 twink)
Warrior Insannity (29 twink)
Warlock Inssanity (29 twink)
Priest Darksanity (29 twink)
<Amost Thirty> guild
Sham
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Shmuck » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:12 pm

Kronos.
Horde.