20-29 Thread

Re: 20-29 Thread

by stimz » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:59 am

Sham wrote:Thats strange advice about hunter. Hunters are the most mobile dps class and you say "stop moving". I move all the time actually. Its just important to know speed timing of your weapon to step for a second for auto and move again. Also in my opinion at 29 surv is the way to go. Survivability is everything and +10% health, deterrence and improved wingclip are just too good to trade them for abit more ranged dmg and aimed shot. I also melee alot on my hunter. Its a waste not to with +20% crit on raptor strike and high damage 2hander. 500+ RS crits are a nice finisher.

If you watch most hunters on this server they just run around arcane/conc/ssing. Its really bad. You also don't have to trade imp wc for aimed, 11/9 gives you aimed and 4/5 imp wc or entrap. To be fair though, hunters are still the best ranged dps with 0 talents allocated.

Honestly though, a lot of things that work on this server would not fly if the overall quality of players was higher. The fact that there has only been two fury 2h wars and I am the only disc priest is a pretty good example of that.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Shmuck » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:44 pm

Personally from a rogue perspective, any competent hunter that's survival spec ruin me. I remember a few guys going 0/1/19 back on retail and get 1 in imp conc shot just for the rng stun. If you are going marksman for "more damage and range" you are doing it completely wrong imo. Also, with the severe lack of heals on ally side a 5/15/0 or 0/20/0 is the best spec for a rogue. Riposte is to good to pass up and the backstab spec only becomes truly viable when they move imp backstab into the assassination tree.
Shmuckumpoo level 39 Gnome Rogue
Mumlock level 29 Gnome Warlock
Dyel level 29 Human Paladin
Guild Master of <Almost Thirty>
Shmuck
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by stimz » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:09 pm

Shmuck wrote:Personally from a rogue perspective, any competent hunter that's survival spec ruin me. I remember a few guys going 0/1/19 back on retail and get 1 in imp conc shot just for the rng stun. If you are going marksman for "more damage and range" you are doing it completely wrong imo. Also, with the severe lack of heals on ally side a 5/15/0 or 0/20/0 is the best spec for a rogue. Riposte is to good to pass up and the backstab spec only becomes truly viable when they move imp backstab into the assassination tree.

Well, there isn't really a meta here like there was on tich for 29s.

If it ever becomes competitive roles change a lot. It basically becomes a imp expose + fury war spamming ph for days with mm hunter train centric meta. Its not as bad as it sounds though. Beats what we have now.

Also there is a lack of healing everywhere. Part of the reason this servers 29 sucks.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Sham » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:17 pm

Shmuck wrote:Personally from a rogue perspective, any competent hunter that's survival spec ruin me

I dont think Ive ever seen a single surv hunter on horde.
Hunter Insanitty (29 twink)
Warrior Insannity (29 twink)
Warlock Inssanity (29 twink)
Priest Darksanity (29 twink)
<Amost Thirty> guild
Sham
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Shmuck » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:33 pm

Sham wrote:
Shmuck wrote:Personally from a rogue perspective, any competent hunter that's survival spec ruin me

I dont think Ive ever seen a single surv hunter on horde.

This. No frost traps or imp wing clips=happy rogue
Shmuckumpoo level 39 Gnome Rogue
Mumlock level 29 Gnome Warlock
Dyel level 29 Human Paladin
Guild Master of <Almost Thirty>
Shmuck
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by parmenides » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:31 pm

who here was on tich (US) 29 pvp twinks? Do you remember <Pirate Life> // Shawtie, Phorrplay, on Horde? i'm not them but played twinks with them, and was in Pirate Life/Bloodlust/TAO on Horde from vanilla til they all disbanded in TBC.

i played a bit of twinking here at 29 on a disc priest and a rogue and found it to be one-sided in favor of alliance. as a hordie, it was fun to lose them though since the battles were competitive atleast.
characters: Parmenides, Discern, Respeccing (TBC PTR)
parmenides
Grunt
Grunt

by stimz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:46 am

parmenides wrote:who here was on tich (US) 29 pvp twinks? Do you remember <Pirate Life> // Shawtie, Phorrplay, on Horde? i'm not them but played twinks with them, and was in Pirate Life/Bloodlust/TAO on Horde from vanilla til they all disbanded in TBC.

i played a bit of twinking here at 29 on a disc priest and a rogue and found it to be one-sided in favor of alliance. as a hordie, it was fun to lose them though since the battles were competitive atleast.

Hell yeah I remember you guys!

Played as Fap (rogue), Reer (hunter) and I don't remember my dwarf priest's name but I played it a ton. Played in Midget Bazooka mostly in early vanilla then with Hetero from mid vanilla til wotlk.

Some of the best times I had in WoW were from that era, loved playing against your crew.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Superseed » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:17 am

During the glory days of TBC 29 twinking when everyone xfered to play together I was one of the hordes top MM hunters. Amazing competitive matches we had against an insanely stacked alliance side. Both teams put up great premades and we matched week after week. If this server can get to that level I would definitely create a twink again.
Superseed
Grunt
Grunt

by Sham » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:27 am

I played 29 orc hunter during TBC on Warsong but there was little competition in Ruin battlegroup. We dominated alliance all days long. If I knew about such premade battles on Tich, Id reroll instantly.
Hunter Insanitty (29 twink)
Warrior Insannity (29 twink)
Warlock Inssanity (29 twink)
Priest Darksanity (29 twink)
<Amost Thirty> guild
Sham
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by stimz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:32 am

Superseed wrote:During the glory days of TBC 29 twinking when everyone xfered to play together I was one of the hordes top MM hunters. Amazing competitive matches we had against an insanely stacked alliance side. Both teams put up great premades and we matched week after week. If this server can get to that level I would definitely create a twink again.

On bg9? Who were you?

Would be nice if that could happen but its been stagnant for a while. If it did blow up I could see if any of the old 29ers wanna come.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Player Vs Player