Warsong Gulch LoS

Re: Warsong Gulch LoS

by anladygodx » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:45 am

Vanillacoke wrote:
Shqz6 wrote:There never were LoS with trees in WoW, thats a fact. You are habitued to a bug

No one is disputing that there were no LoS on retail. The thing is that it improves gameplay on all levels, highers the skillcap and opens up for numerous more ways to outplay your enemies.

It's so much better with LoS that it can't really be said enough.

Again, anyone who has any idea of how pvp works want LoS, anyone else is quite frankly clueless.

this. The deffenders of " blizzlike " pretty much never stepped into WSG or dont care, they re trolls or suffer from down syndrome..i wish the GMs actually stand up and listen to the community.
anladygodx
Private
Private

by Shqz6 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:12 am

Anlady.. another feenix pvp hero. They won't make custom things for you so you can "improve" your pro pvp gameplay sorry, you'll have to adapt to real vanilla wow, gl
Shqz6
Private
Private

by OGTUCKER117 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:05 am

Shqz6 wrote:Anlady.. another feenix pvp hero. They won't make custom things for you so you can "improve" your pro pvp gameplay sorry, you'll have to adapt to real vanilla wow, gl

THIS
this isnt a funserver, this is a blizzlike server so quit trying to make custom changes
OGTUCKER117
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Strythvieira » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:38 am

^Wow these two darlings trying to discuss stuff which they have no clue what it is about...

And yes, please, keep calling this as blizzlike, the more blizzlike you call the more lack of clue you have about how a private server should work out

Btw I asked someone to give a proper reason why this should not be added except because "it's not blizzlike", funny
Still waiting
Strythvieira
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Tam » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:46 pm

Shqz6 wrote:They won't make custom things for you

ow, so having 1.4 itemization along with 1.12 skills is not custom changes ?
Tam
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Swivel17 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:34 pm

LoS noobs. I curve my frostbolts around the stumps. A master of the magic arts has the ability to manipulate spells around objects. The stumps are irrelevant. All these idiots think a little stump should stop my frostbolts....pffft....learn your classes noobs.
Swivel17
Tester

by Swivel17 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:41 pm

On a more serious note, we are talking about a stump here. Line of Sight with a stump. Lets make it so you can cut it down. It won't be blizzlike which clearly everyone here has a problem with that word. Its a stump, a warrior with a big axe should be able to cut it down, or a mage should be able to burn it down. Line of sight on a stump....that is quite hilarious. Maybe if it was like a rock, but wood after all is like 85% air....should have no problem shooting through it, just add 15% miss chance.
Swivel17
Tester

by Plasm » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:58 pm

All i get from this topic is that the pvp here will be full with brain death ppl that think casting through trees is good for pvp/world pvp(because this will have a HUGE impact on world pvp too). So if you want good pvp with los on trees and in BG this is not the server for you.
Plasm
Tester

by mrmr » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:08 am

WSG is not an Arena.

While inside an Arena (designed with the bunnyhoppinghide&seek kind of PvP in mind, I believe) the spots where you can hide are at a FIXED distance and with a predictable distribution, on the WSG map they are not and there are literally DOZENS of spots where you hide in the most unpredictable way.

Arena, with his fixed-distance hiding place, permit what you call "surrounding awareness" gamaplay style.
Inside an arena even ranged classes can play at tactics and they could predict how to counter melees approaching, also because the fight isn't mobile, but static (you always fight in the same zone).

Inside WSG instead, considering the map distribution of objects, that wouldn't work. Objects have a non-even distribuition there. Considering how big the map is and how mobile the fights are, this would give a HUGE advantage to melee classes...especially for what you call "surrounding awareness".
In fact you could run from one side to another jumping from stump to stump, becoming unslowable and unstoppable.
The goal in WSG is to run from side to side over&over. Stumps&LoS make this trivia.
Without LoS instead is much easier slow down the flag carrier, stop it, kill it, reset the flag.
This will make WSG battles last longer, pushing the "group" fights more....you wanna help/protect your flag carrier right? OR do you prefer camp the enemy GY, while your FC jump from stump to stump avoiding the few-enemy defenders?

Sorry, but WSG is not a HUGE arena. "pillars" have not an even distribution. LoS would make some classes useless and other OverPowered.
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Oid » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:57 am

Between "2005 Blizzlike PVP" and "Nice PVP" i choose Nice PVP in 2015. What more is there to say?
And no, i dont play melee class. I play healer who by your logic could stand in the middle of WSG with my friends mages/locks/hunters and nuke everything through trees. Instead, we all (actually everyone that cares for nice pvp) prefer more logic and more fun in our play.
Apart from WSG, World pvp and alterac are also damaged by this choice a lot more.

Anyway, as said before this topic is closed at least for now in favor of no LOS by the staff. That is what it is and we either get along with it or pack our stuff and go somewhere else.
Oid
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Player Vs Player