How to actually "git good"?

How to actually "git good"?

by geeca » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:29 pm

So I've been browsing threads on ganking and I posted two of them myself asking for advice on how to actually play and almost every single response is either log onto and alt and level on that or "git good."

I don't wish to log onto an alt for over an hour and hope that the 60 rogue go away. I've asked if there were alternate ways for alliance to get into zones so you don't spend 20-30 minutes corpsewalking past a rogue. And all I get is "git good."

So please, I implore you. How do I "git good?" I am genuinely asking because the game is almost unplayable during peak hours. Every questing area has ~3H:1A which makes it difficult enough excluding the level 60 rogues camping. I've asked in general chat, I've whispered the A 60s asking them to come help but there's rarely ever a response. I don't quite know how you're supposed to fight a 60 rogue since it literally oneshots me and if it's fighting someone else I can pump 11 frostbolts back to back and all of them miss. I've tried /wave and /kneel. I've tried whispering them on hordes asking them very nicely to not kill me so I can get by. One guy told me to /bow, /kneel, and /lick 3 times and he still killed me and continued to camp me. I don't get it, what do people get out of killing level 20s in 1 attack?

Is there some secret? Or is the only advice to seriously just level an alt when a Horde is camping you?
geeca
Grunt
Grunt

Re: How to actually "git good"?

by farrsa » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:38 pm

geeca wrote: I've tried /wave and /kneel. I've tried whispering them on hordes asking them very nicely to not kill me so I can get by. One guy told me to /bow, /kneel, and /lick 3 times and he still killed me and continued to camp me.

:lol:
Dupabiskupa AKA cancerpriest

Click here to learn the story of Fizzey, the most furious gnome on the server!
farrsa
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by euronmisc » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:47 pm

if you're level 20 just quest in duskwood / wetlands. You'll still encounter a ganker every now and then but nothing near what you described.

idk what you're doing but besides the random 60 dismounting to kill me once i've never been ganked while leveling. Maybe try to avoid popular gank spots.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by geeca » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:52 pm

euronmisc wrote:if you're level 20 just quest in duskwood / wetlands. You'll still encounter a ganker every now and then but nothing near what you described.

idk what you're doing but besides the random 60 dismounting to kill me once i've never been ganked while leveling. Maybe try to avoid popular gank spots.

Well it was high 20s. A rogue camped me at the Dwarves that offer elite quests in Wetlands as I was passing through. Oh and the warlock that killed everyone at the dragonmaw orcs then stood around for about 15 minutes killing the respawns. I got camped four times in Duskwood, three times a rogue (between 15 and 30 minutes), once a priest for only about 10 minutes. Now once in Arathi Highlands at the lvl 30 syndicate quest monsters to the point where I couldn't be alive for more than a second and had to spirit rez. Then in Desolace just outside of the alliance camp by a mage so I just gave up after the second death.
And in stonetalon mountains -- but that was the only time I wasn't camped by ???? players it was just a group of 5 horde that were standing around on the road killing any alliance for as long as we were in the zone.

Oddly enough I've never actually been killed in Redridge considering the one rogue that lives under the bridge oneshotting anyone he can with his crossbow. But uh, not a single alliance 60 has shown up the rectify the situation not even if asked.

And it's not like all Hordes are gankers for sure. I actually met some really nice people that will help you kill a mob if you're in trouble so I return the favor. I really like a pvp server because the dynamics are so interesting. But being one-shot and camped for 10s of minutes is just so boring.

edit: So is that the anwer? Grit and bare it? There's no getting good then :'c I suppose I'll create an alt to level next time this happens.
geeca
Grunt
Grunt

by Colezz » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:07 pm

Git good scrub
Colezz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Thatoneguy » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:59 pm

'Git good' translates into: get the best gear that's available in every slot and only ever engage the enemy when you're sure to win.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Niko » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:40 am

are you griLL?
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Lardin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:23 am

farrsa wrote:
geeca wrote: I've tried /wave and /kneel. I've tried whispering them on hordes asking them very nicely to not kill me so I can get by. One guy told me to /bow, /kneel, and /lick 3 times and he still killed me and continued to camp me.

:lol:

priceless
保卫马厩 贸易胜 赚美元
DEFEND STABRU TRADE WINS EARN DORRARS
Lardin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ohhgee » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:25 am

100% serious response to troll bait

Level Engineering
Farm consumables (FAPs anti-venoms grenades etc)
Keybind all your abilities, on-use items, and macros including pots/consumes
Learn how the abilities of other classes work and how to counter/deal with them
Keybind ALL of your abilities AND pots/trinkets/etc
Learn how to put yourself in safe/advantageous positions in terms of terrain and LoS
Learn the tendencies of other classes, how they tend to use their CDs and how you can best shut them down
KEYBIND EVERYTHING

Keybind E V E R Y T H I N G you use.
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Maggotfiend » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:30 am

us man here looking for grill
handsome and pig benis