How to actually "git good"?

Re: How to actually "git good"?

by geeca » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:55 am

Ohhgee wrote:100% serious response to troll bait

Level Engineering
Farm consumables (FAPs anti-venoms grenades etc)
Keybind all your abilities, on-use items, and macros including pots/consumes
Learn how the abilities of other classes work and how to counter/deal with them
Keybind ALL of your abilities AND pots/trinkets/etc
Learn how to put yourself in safe/advantageous positions in terms of terrain and LoS
Learn the tendencies of other classes, how they tend to use their CDs and how you can best shut them down
KEYBIND EVERYTHING

Keybind E V E R Y T H I N G you use.

Thanks for the 1 serious reply in the entire thread among a bunch of asshats. I do have everything bound been playing that way since WotLK. I just am having trouble figuring out how to deal with players that 1 shot you and stand on your corpse. Because the response to that question is always, "git gud." So I was really wondering if I was missing something huge.
geeca
Grunt
Grunt

by niczhao » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:14 am

Offline eluded him for some time
niczhao
Tester

by ceen2 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:49 am

Unbind "S" and you will be better than 90 % off Nost pop.

I give this troll a 8/10 quite funny one.
ceen2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by mozibake » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:16 am

^how ru supposed to do AV backdoor jump if u cant backpedal? ever thought of that, friendo?
you think it be like it is but it's don't
-jack brack
mozibake
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Thatoneguy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:49 am

mozibake wrote:^how ru supposed to do AV backdoor jump if u cant backpedal? ever thought of that, friendo?

Let's be real here. You just admitted to being a backpaddler.

Now that we have that out of the way, you only need to move forward and press the jump button in order to make the AV backdoor jump. In fact, it's faster compared to the slow backpaddle alternative.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Niko » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:12 am

Niko wrote:are you griLL?

Maggotfiend wrote:us man here looking for grill
handsome and pig benis

hello :)

bump for answers.
GriLL?
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Ppaarkinsonn » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:39 pm

Level Engineering
Learn how to put yourself in safe/advantageous positions in terms of terrain and LoS
Learn the tendencies of other classes, how they tend to use their CDs and how you can best shut them down
KEYBIND EVERYTHING

ill add to that force yourself to constantly keep an eye in the position of your mates/enemies instead of looking at your spells every gcd.
by doing that you ll get a better understanding of what happen, position of your mates so you wont overextanding, and when it come natural youll be good
Ppaarkinsonn
Tester

by Forcerius » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:10 pm

geeca wrote:So I've been browsing threads on ganking and I posted two of them myself asking for advice on how to actually play and almost every single response is either log onto and alt and level on that or "git good."

I don't wish to log onto an alt for over an hour and hope that the 60 rogue go away. I've asked if there were alternate ways for alliance to get into zones so you don't spend 20-30 minutes corpsewalking past a rogue. And all I get is "git good."

So please, I implore you. How do I "git good?" I am genuinely asking because the game is almost unplayable during peak hours. Every questing area has ~3H:1A which makes it difficult enough excluding the level 60 rogues camping. I've asked in general chat, I've whispered the A 60s asking them to come help but there's rarely ever a response. I don't quite know how you're supposed to fight a 60 rogue since it literally oneshots me and if it's fighting someone else I can pump 11 frostbolts back to back and all of them miss. I've tried /wave and /kneel. I've tried whispering them on hordes asking them very nicely to not kill me so I can get by. One guy told me to /bow, /kneel, and /lick 3 times and he still killed me and continued to camp me. I don't get it, what do people get out of killing level 20s in 1 attack?

Is there some secret? Or is the only advice to seriously just level an alt when a Horde is camping you?

Because it makes them feel powerful. The way you get good is to stop exaggerating and be realistic. I'm lvl 28 and i've only gotten ganked by one rogue, and it was outside SFK. There's plenty of areas to quest without horde, depending on your level. And if you're being "camped", then all you have to do rez at the GY, or rez behind a tree and be good about sneaking away without him seeing you. You could always do instances too, despite it being slower. And if you're STILL having trouble, roll a rooj.
Last edited by Forcerius on Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
studyquran.org/resources/Quran_Reformist_Translation.pdf
Submission to God alone and doing good work is the only path to Paradise.
Peace be upon you.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Noxm » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:12 pm

Level Engineering
KEYBIND EVERYTHING

+ learn to play with delay
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by geeca » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:30 pm

Because it makes them feel powerful. The way you get good is to stop exaggerating and be realistic. I'm lvl 28 and i've only gotten ganked by one rogue, and it was outside SFK. There's plenty of areas to quest without horde, depending on your level. And if you're being "camped", then all you have to do rez at the GY, or rez behind a tree and be good about sneaking away without him seeing you. You could always do instances too, despite it being slower. And if you're STILL having trouble, roll a rooj.

>The way you get good is to stop exaggerating and be realistic.

I really wish I was not, I woke up this morning in Theramore to turn in this quest from south shore not but 10 minutes ago. And well, Theramore is currently being camped by a 60 UD rogue. I did follow your advice of resurrecting behind the inn though and was able to get to the barracks for my quest before teleporting out of there.

Thanks. I guess my real Git Gud moment here is trying to resurrect behind things to give myself some kind of edge in breathing for more than a second.
geeca
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Player Vs Player