I have a dream

I have a dream

by thargo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:57 am

Hello wonderful staff of nost and forum readers.

This is an idea I pitched a few times on retail throughout all the expansions, but it never saw response from Blizzard. Despite popularity among players. Other games have had similar systems with success.

My idea is to add an NPC(s) that takes bets for duels!
Let's say you make two goblins. One outside org. The other outside Ironforge. When two players wish to place stakes on a duel they simply 'open trade' with the goblin and each player must match the amount of gold put in by the other. Example: player A puts in 100g, So player B must also put in 100g. Once both players pledge the gold to the goblin, the duel would start in X amount of seconds. ( perhaps the more gold the longer preparation time? ) The winner of the duel would then be able to 'complete' the quest and take the combined sum. In this case 200g.

Now I know a lot of players are already storming up their excuses and attacks of the 'logic' of my simple suggestion...
-Enter RNG complaint here.
-Enter class imbalances here.
-Enter client side lag complaints here.
-Enter server lag complaints here.
-Enter gear disparities here.
-etc. etc.
I know premades vs premades is the preferred method of declaring skill/dominance on Nost... but honestly the same amount of excuses, or rather 'dodges', can be said about premades vs premades. But one big flaw about premades vs premades is... it's soo impersonal. No 1v1 feelings are really met...

Anyways. THIS IDEA IS JUST FOR FUN. Take each individual event that might be had with this system however you will, but I think it would bring more fun than distaste. If you have objections against the idea, just remember you don't have to use the dueling NPC... At all... you can just continue on whatever merry way you go.

Specifically to the Nost staff - I know you guys have A LOT on your plate right now. Plus my scripting and coding knowledge is very shoddy. I would believe you if you told me this was not at all possible. However if you like the idea, and it's possible. Maybe you could squeeze it in sometime down the road :)

Inb4 "Not vanilla"
thargo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: I have a dream

by border7 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:59 pm

This ruins my 420vanilla1.12 immersion.

Sounds like a cool idea, i would like that more when the servers are fixed from this slide show we have currently. Otherwise it is hard to back yourself/ your own skill when you are relying on lag not to fuck you over.

I don't think they will do this but it would be cool :)
border7
Private
Private

by Forcerius » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:11 pm

thargo wrote:Hello wonderful staff of nost and forum readers.

This is an idea I pitched a few times on retail throughout all the expansions, but it never saw response from Blizzard. Despite popularity among players. Other games have had similar systems with success.

My idea is to add an NPC(s) that takes bets for duels!
Let's say you make two goblins. One outside org. The other outside Ironforge. When two players wish to place stakes on a duel they simply 'open trade' with the goblin and each player must match the amount of gold put in by the other. Example: player A puts in 100g, So player B must also put in 100g. Once both players pledge the gold to the goblin, the duel would start in X amount of seconds. ( perhaps the more gold the longer preparation time? ) The winner of the duel would then be able to 'complete' the quest and take the combined sum. In this case 200g.

Now I know a lot of players are already storming up their excuses and attacks of the 'logic' of my simple suggestion...
-Enter RNG complaint here.
-Enter class imbalances here.
-Enter client side lag complaints here.
-Enter server lag complaints here.
-Enter gear disparities here.
-etc. etc.
I know premades vs premades is the preferred method of declaring skill/dominance on Nost... but honestly the same amount of excuses, or rather 'dodges', can be said about premades vs premades. But one big flaw about premades vs premades is... it's soo impersonal. No 1v1 feelings are really met...

Anyways. THIS IDEA IS JUST FOR FUN. Take each individual event that might be had with this system however you will, but I think it would bring more fun than distaste. If you have objections against the idea, just remember you don't have to use the dueling NPC... At all... you can just continue on whatever merry way you go.

Specifically to the Nost staff - I know you guys have A LOT on your plate right now. Plus my scripting and coding knowledge is very shoddy. I would believe you if you told me this was not at all possible. However if you like the idea, and it's possible. Maybe you could squeeze it in sometime down the road :)

Inb4 "Not vanilla"

Cool idea, but no because its not vanilla. Vanilla is good because you have to find a friend to hold the gold.
studyquran.org/resources/Quran_Reformist_Translation.pdf
Submission to God alone and doing good work is the only path to Paradise.
Peace be upon you.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by loldiablo » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:12 am

have you ever tried to perfectly kite a shadowpriest but because of the imperfect internet they step within 30 yards. If the said priest is an undead shadowpriest, you have just lost around 3000 hp OR MORE... in just one SWP. Vanilla is a bit too cut and dry when it comes to skill but this is in fact a fun idea for pvp. Id like the option to do this :)
loldiablo
Grunt
Grunt

by thargo » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:56 pm

Heh, there is no harm in asking :P

Yeah I don't think anyone would really wanna play with a shadow priest :P
thargo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Devarial » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:44 pm

thargo wrote:But one big flaw about premades vs premades is... it's soo impersonal. No 1v1 feelings are really met...

are we on the same forum
Devarial
Sergeant
Sergeant

by thargo » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:01 pm

Devarial wrote:are we on the same forum

What? Say you have a grudge against some player. You fight him and his 9-14 other friends and your grudge is soothed? Maybe for some but not for me :P

Edit: though I see your point in all the bragging threads made on these forums. The next thread down atm is one of them it seems :P
thargo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Player Vs Player