Are druids good solo pvpers?

Are druids good solo pvpers?

by wiseoldenemy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:43 pm

I am a wPvP, solo/duel focused player who doesn't wanna spend too much time gearing. I am deciding between finishing up my rogue, or my druid. I don't find my rogue as fun as my druid, and it seems like everyone goes rogue, so I kinda felt like leveling my druid... but I also don't wanna get frustrated at the class. Will I be fine with full blue pvp set and TuF?

For reference, on my rogue I can 1v2/3 people, and I've killed level 60s while im level 52 right now. Therefore, if I play druid, can my skill translate onto this class, or am I going to be limited by bad gear, or just outright bad class. I plan on playing feral btw.

So, can druids get easy gear, are they gear dependant, and will I be able to 1v2/3 as a druid? (even if it means to kite around, run out and in not just 1v2 mongo style. As rogue to 1v2 I use my CC like blind and sap, or evasion depending on classes)
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Are druids good solo pvpers?

by NikeTheSword » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:30 pm

Druid is good IF you go resto hybrid (meaning you play like a feral with heavy emphsis on resto). Mostly this means you start out fights from stealth, go bear and get some auto's off, switch out for instant heal and hot, back to bear. You mill out people. It's a fun class/specc to play for sure, but it lack control somewhat and mages will give you a hard time unless you can match their dmg with your manareg and heals (tricky but I've seen it done).

Decent manapool is what you need. Your forms take care of the rest.
NikeTheSword
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Are druids good solo pvpers?

by djiron » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:26 pm

i think (feral) druids are awesome in wpvp.
its a solid 1vs1 class, although you will lose to warlocks and shadowpriests almost everytime if you dont have reflector and mithril insignia.
winning a 1vs2+ is not impossible as druid but much harder than as rogue.
you will also need at least 4 pieces of the pvp set before playing feral druid will be fun so you need some patience until you reach r8.
other than that its a very fun class in pvp with a dynamic and unique playstyle. you can chose your fights and you can easily flee when youre about to lose (and then return a few minutes later to kill your opponent).
i would say that rogues have a higher skill cap than druids, so the outcome of a fight will depend a bit more on other factors when you play as druid.
djiron
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Player Vs Player