Vanilla pvp is horrible compared to TBC

Re: Vanilla pvp is horrible compared to TBC

by mozibake » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:28 am

true tbh, but if you want pvp encounters based purely on skill and reaction time and not on who's willing to poopsock it up the most then ur in the wrong genre friend, try MOBAs/FPS
you think it be like it is but it's don't
-jack brack
mozibake
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by stimz » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:34 am

no way, tbc had way better world pvp than the majority of vanilla. the only part of vanilla that beat it was release patch til about 1.4. After that it was all downhill.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Rizzonico » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:23 pm

Rizzonico, Battlelord of <The Red Dawn> Level 60 Tauren Hunter
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Sevvy » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:14 am

payo wrote:You have no idea what your talking about, VANILLA is actually the best for WPVP, Why? simple. NO FLYING MOUNT

This x 1,000

The first time some shitlord got away from me in world PvP by mounting up and flying away...

Sevvy - Gnome Warrior

Nice weapon chain, shitter.
Sevvy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lifealert » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:11 am

From a gameplay scope Tbc is the best iteration of wow in respects to pvp.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by genovahero » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:39 am

Lifealert wrote:From a gameplay scope Tbc is the best iteration of wow in respects to pvp.

then 3.3.5 and teh rest of wow is shit for pvp
genovahero
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by uhd » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:52 pm

vanilla pvp is a joke.. sure theres better world pvp etc but the game requires absolutely zero skill.

only true players play tbc
uhd
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:33 am

uhd wrote:vanilla pvp is a joke.. sure theres better world pvp etc but the game requires absolutely zero skill.

only true players play tbc

Kinda rough with not a single TBC private server that is even mildly serious. Nostalrius for all the flaws it has, is decent in attempting to give a vanilla blizzlike feel, there isn't one server like that for 2.4.3 or for any other patch (I'd settle for any really, even pre 2.1 since all raids were already out except BT, ZA and SWP).
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by wiseoldenemy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:39 am

I find vanilla to still require a good amount of skill, it's just more decisive and quick. Does SL/SL or resto druid TBC really take that much more skill? I think you just have to know the main playstyle of your class. Seems like all classes have a chance to win a 1v1, except against SL warlock though...

Also, rogues in TBC were no skill ezpz lemon squeezy, stupid cloak of shadows just makes it so no matter how bad you play you can win.

Resto druid you just spam ur instant heals and win, like legit thats what u do you can win any matchup.

SL/SL you put dots and AFK, maybe make a sandwich and come back to victory screen (Soul link not purgable, but Bloodlust is? wtf blizz)

Mages did become more skill capped, but they were already pretty high skillcap anyway.

Enhance shamans did definetly get some good stuff, but ele remained the same, still takes lots of skill and knowledge.

Pally's got more stuff too, but really same playstyle, knowing when to heal or when to dps. Still a supporty class

Warrior is the class that really needs TBC. How anyone can play vanilla warrior is beyond me theres like two buttons.

Hunter, same playstyle, like the same spells too. Nothing more skillfull here, they still were pretty hard to be good with since this isnt MoP hunter, you gotta learn to kite.

Then how can you say vanilla takes less skill when everything is pretty much the same. The only thing I don't like is that no lifer/chinese farmers get epix and I, who only likes to git gud and duel doesn't :(.
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by genovahero » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:29 am

funny how every1 flaming SL/SL locks or resto drood from tbc cause you dont know how to outplay these setups, if you are a good skillcapped player you can beat every setup with every setup in tbc THIS IS A FACT, if you cant improve your playstyle/tactics/etc.(maybe you didnt had the knowhow for it back on retail but nowdays you should been able to know that on your own after AT tbc release back then when every1 could focus on playing arena and invent new "skillcap" tatctics and playstyles)
genovahero
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Player Vs Player