My Unpopular Opinion.

My Unpopular Opinion.

by kanem » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:20 pm

The Nost Staff who unbanned the Chinese did a very honorable thing. They went through and left some banned who were guilty and unbanned the ones that they could not prove guilty. They had to have known how pissed off we would have been, but they did it anyway because they thought it was the right thing to do. Kudos to them for doing the right thing despite the consequences.

The only thing I don't really understand is that they now know they have an exploitable queue system. Even if the remaining players are not abusing it, the perception is that the Chinese are still wintrading. This system encourages cheaters and discourages those who do not.

I don't buy the Nost profits from Chinese accounts story. But, you could help dispel the illusion of corruption by making the queue system less exploitable.
kanem
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: My Unpopular Opinion.

by XxGokuxX » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:22 pm

No matter what system they make people will find something they don't like and they will find someone to blame. This is a highly racist/xenophobic community, a new bg system won't change that.
XxGokuxX
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Darkwinjax » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:24 pm

you wanna know the reason why they unbanned our wintrading chinese friends?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by kanem » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:25 pm

Let us not allow political correctness to blind us from a truth that was proven. Chinese players were wintrading and banned for it, racism/xenopobia aside that is a fact. A new queue system would make it harder to do that.
kanem
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by kanem » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:29 pm

Darkwinjax wrote:you wanna know the reason why they unbanned our wintrading chinese friends?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don't think that is the case. They wouldn't risk this server's reputation which imo is the best private server I have played on for microtransactions on a few accounts. I know I am in the minority here, but I really think the GM's were doing what they thought was the right thing to do.
kanem
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Darkwinjax » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:32 pm

Everything you listed is done by players from all over the world. Rest of your post was spam.
Last edited by Pottu on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Conspiracy theories
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Darkwinjax » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:34 pm

Questionable and incomplete evidence is what was provided, not rock-solid proof. Kindly stop lying and give the conspiracy theories a rest.
Last edited by Pottu on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam and lies
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Devoth » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:38 pm

XxGokuxX wrote:No matter what system they make people will find something they don't like and they will find someone to blame. This is a highly racist/xenophobic community, a new bg system won't change that.

This has nothing to do with blame or pointing out stuff ppl dont like... This was evidence provided which stated the fact that it was accountsharing and wintrading. Rankers these days are not racist or spawn hate or shit like that. We want to enjoy the game and enjoy our ranking. A few ppl are making this hard, and some tried to show the evidence for what they were doing - and apparantly are still doing. BUT the staff chose to overlook the evidence.

I ask you then mate; Why are the nost staff allowing this? And still banning poor dragonslayer mr. everyday normal guy, who happened to mine an extra node or not deleting gear contributed by the staff... ;)
Devoth
Sergeant
Sergeant

by kanem » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:39 pm

"Greetings,

To complete Daemon's message posted here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=35035&start=40#p245670

Around 34 characters have been banned for wintrading last week.
Among them, 12 characters have been unbanned after review.

Prior to the PVP maintenance, the honor gain of these 12 characters with be reset to 0 : goal is not to impact other players during Alterac Valley week. The current ranking of these 12 characters will remain as it was before the PVP maintenance.

Best regards."

They left the majority of the cheaters banned. Of course they didn't catch them all, but it was due to a lack of evidence. The GM's have repeatedly asked for evidence. The only problem is that when we try and collaborate the topic gets locked. I think it is a good thing that they would err on the side of not banning an innocent person. It isn't easy to get a char leveled/geared up.
kanem
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Darkwinjax » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:39 pm

If you even have any doubts of what I'm saying, i'll tell give u a little reality check and you take your own conclusions (if you don't want to read the pastebin which has enough proof to back all that i'm saying, aswell as I have a google drive with enough proof to make the pope believe me).

Last WSG weekend warsong caps : 1.4million
Chinese Average played time : 15-16hours per day

This WSG weekend, chinese current at 1.4mil
Chinese Average played time on those that are at 1.4mil atm : 23h per day

did they just start sucking all the sudden? No, they always sucked, they just wintraded the other weekends and didn't have to resort to BLATANT account sharing in order to compete.

if you can't put 2+2 together, and you can't read proof provided to staff + players here on forums then you are either in denial or retarded.

If you read the pastebin, can do simple addition, now you question urself "how are they unbanned?" - Yea m8s i'll leave you to think about that on your own before this either gets taken down for spamming or thread gets magically deleted like the other ones.
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Player Vs Player