Pottu, about the unpopular opinion thread.

Re: Pottu, about the unpopular opinion thread.

by Healthycoww » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:29 am

Don't you guys have instant or near-instant queues on alliance? Just fight em for the bracket slots. When I was pushing for R14 I made sure nobody was ahead of me for the entire week at any point.
Let people waste their money buying into their shitmade. :mrgreen:
Healthycoww
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Darkwinjax » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:46 am

Healthycoww wrote:Don't you guys have instant or near-instant queues on alliance? Just fight em for the bracket slots. When I was pushing for R14 I made sure nobody was ahead of me for the entire week at any point.
Let people waste their money buying into their shitmade. :mrgreen:

Sure you could do that and suffer throughout your whole ranking with 1.7million caps (if they aren't wintrading and only account sharing)

But wouldn't it be ignoring that there's people exploiting and making IRL profit from nostalrius?
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Healthycoww » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:39 am

Yeah I remember the 1 million cap AV weekends. Just a question of who wants it bad enough at that point.

Personally I would reset someones rank points to 0 and have them start the process anew if they were caught win trading, but it really is just the queue systems fault. Having premades pop games for eachother is just ridiculous and predictable enough to allow this behavior in the first place :mrgreen:

Even so I've played against this group of players and they are terrible if you can get even a couple competent players you really shouldn't have trouble staying ahead of them honor-per-hour wise. Just a matter of hour per hour.
Healthycoww
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Slicy » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:57 pm

Healthycoww wrote:but it really is just the queue systems fault. Having premades pop games for eachother is just ridiculous and predictable enough to allow this behavior in the first place :mrgreen:

That's the thing. We all know and agree the queue system is the/one of the main problem allowing for such bannable offenses (yet impossible to prove apparently) to happen. It is being pointed out since months and 99% of rankers during this period hated the current queue system (Im pretty sure they don't like it as well) as it's completely not blizzlike and not close at all to what vanilla ranking was. 5 man queue with snipers whole WSG week as a mandatory way of getting honor is far away from the "blizzlike" goal the server had.
So let's try again and again and again by bumping yet another queue systeam thread until it reaches pages cap I guess : http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35301

Healthycoww wrote:Even so I've played against this group of players and they are terrible if you can get even a couple competent players you really shouldn't have trouble staying ahead of them honor-per-hour wise. Just a matter of hour per hour.

It is not even about honor per hour anymore (it would be the case a bit more with a blizzlike queue system and no multiqueue I guess). It has become a matter of who is able to play more than 20h 7/7days by any means at this point.
So if you actually have a lyfe u gotta pull out a Jarek and spend half a year on it :lol:
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by genovahero » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:07 pm

well i guess its time to make agroup again and make em stuck in WSG untill they /afk out again just to piss em off and make their life harder.
genovahero
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ohhgee » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:34 pm

genovahero wrote:well i guess its time to make agroup again and make em stuck in WSG untill they /afk out again just to piss em off and make their life harder.
you have my sword, sir

or my frostbolts or whatever
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by kanem » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:23 pm

Slicy wrote:
Healthycoww wrote:but it really is just the queue systems fault. Having premades pop games for eachother is just ridiculous and predictable enough to allow this behavior in the first place :mrgreen:

That's the thing. We all know and agree the queue system is the/one of the main problem allowing for such bannable offenses (yet impossible to prove apparently) to happen. It is being pointed out since months and 99% of rankers during this period hated the current queue system (Im pretty sure they don't like it as well) as it's completely not blizzlike and not close at all to what vanilla ranking was. 5 man queue with snipers whole WSG week as a mandatory way of getting honor is far away from the "blizzlike" goal the server had.
So let's try again and again and again by bumping yet another queue systeam thread until it reaches pages cap I guess : http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35301

Healthycoww wrote:Even so I've played against this group of players and they are terrible if you can get even a couple competent players you really shouldn't have trouble staying ahead of them honor-per-hour wise. Just a matter of hour per hour.

It is not even about honor per hour anymore (it would be the case a bit more with a blizzlike queue system and no multiqueue I guess). It has become a matter of who is able to play more than 20h 7/7days by any means at this point.
So if you actually have a lyfe u gotta pull out a Jarek and spend half a year on it :lol:

+1. I like this term pulling a Jarek btw.
kanem
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Shavronne » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:58 pm

Thank you Pottu & Nost staff for finally taking measures against the account sharers.

Hopefully this is only the beginning and more are to come.
Shavronne
Private
Private

by Maggotfiend » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:42 pm

kanem wrote:
Slicy wrote:

+1. I like this term pulling a Jarek btw.

LOL GOAT MAN JAREK

BIG CIGARETTE PLAYER
Maggotfiend
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Jarek » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:35 am

Bige ranking, bige headaches months after ranking ))
Jarek
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Player Vs Player