Is movement/attack range messed up on this server?

Is movement/attack range messed up on this server?

by wiseoldenemy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:35 am

I noticed when fighting warriors, they seem to be able to charge just out of nowhere even though I was deadzoning them a second ago at the same range. Either that, or they can auto attack me from like 10 yards away. So basically it feels impossible to deadzone them even with rogue 70% poison slow.

I also noticed, especially when its near china prime time, I cannot chase a target as a melee because their actaul character location is unknown since I'm usually on top of them and it says too far away, or not behind target. I watched a rogue pvp video from when nostalrius first opened, and it seemed like movement was OK in that video, the rogue was deadzone kitng warriors pretty fine.

So I went and made two accounts, each level 1 gnomes and tested movement on both screens at once. There is like a 10-12 yard difference in screens! I then tested it on the PvE server and Kr0nez and both had drastically smaller differences, but still were not at the same time.

So now I think, could it just be thats how vanilla movement was, but the nost PvP server lag/delay just making it way way worse?

Has anyone got any experience with that during retail or when nostalrius first opened?
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Is movement/attack range messed up on this server?

by vido » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:51 am

I've also noticed that deadzoning charge/intercept has become basically impossible. Whenever I try to deadzone a warriors intercept to get a charge off, it's either melee range or charge range, almost no in between.
Last edited by vido on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Colezz » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:54 am

Yep warriors can attack me from 10 yards away it's stupid as fk
Colezz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:56 am

It's not so bad during off peak times though. I think clustering will help.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Chinaman.no » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:03 am

Yes, deadrange on warriors is impossible with the crazy server lag.

Actually you can forget all skilled moves like this..
Timed reflects = Impossible(Only work if they spam frostbolt)
Timed Vanish = impossible

You have to change ur playstyle even for normal spells to compensate for server.
Try kicking a spell before he starts the cast or sapping a mounted char 10-15yards before he is close on your screen.

my UI says i have 48 ping btw... :<
Chinaman.no
Tester

by wiseoldenemy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:56 pm

So you guys think is cause of the lag? Dangit, hopefully they do that server fix soon. Is there actually a time when the server has no lag? There is a like rare times when I actually have no lag and my stealth and stuff is instant, but i haven't really tested all the stuff like timed vanishes and deadzoning.
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by snawfu » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:04 pm

wiseoldenemy wrote:So you guys think is cause of the lag? Dangit, hopefully they do that server fix soon. Is there actually a time when the server has no lag? There is a like rare times when I actually have no lag and my stealth and stuff is instant, but i haven't really tested all the stuff like timed vanishes and deadzoning.

no lag during 1am-4am server time; other than that is a mess

deadzoning here

hehe he he e he e he
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Player Vs Player