Can lvl 60s get killed easily?

Can lvl 60s get killed easily?

by Rotgur » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:10 pm

So yesterday me and a couple of friends went through Stv and dusk wood killing alliance, and all of us were lvl 35-43. We managed to kill about 3 lvl 60s too, not all at once obv, so I was wondering did we just get lucky with lvl 60s with bad gear or do lvl 60s get killed so easily?
Rotgur
Private
Private

Re: Can lvl 60s get killed easily?

by Ana » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:46 pm

If you're a caster hitting a person more than 8 levels higher than you is impossible.
If you're a melee hitting a person more than 8 levels higher than you is not a problem at all. Or 15 levels. Or 30.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Krom » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:05 pm

All classes are not equal in Vanilla solo WPVP.

In your case, as 3 levels 35 to 40 with good coordination against one 60 single target, I would say here lies the ladder of difficulty :

Warrior - Rogue - Chaman - Warlock - Hunter - Mage - Priest - Paladin

This is for fresh 60 players to late dungeons / begin raid tiers. Any 60 with respectable raid gear and brains should be able to survive all of you, apart a poor Warrior cc'ed to death.

(No need to sh*t on me, this is personal viewing)

P.S. : I forgot Druid but there's not a real threat in Vanilla PVP imo, should be between Warrior and Rogue at least
Krom
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by stimz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:59 am

rogue is hands down easiest 60 to kill followed by priest(lowbie dispels cant fail, so no way to kill unless you can crit mb for 3k), assuming you have a hunter above 36. hardest by a mile is warrior unless you have freedom, but even then they can 100-0 lowbies in an intercept stun. best dps for killing 60s is hunter cause everything but entrap and imp concuss has a very high hit rate, plus viper to own priests and mages. net projector also has like an 85% success rate vs 60s cause blizzlike.

i assume shaman war duo can do decent as well with wf totem and the raw damage from enrage and deathwish.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Lifealert » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:07 am

I was killed by a 38 hunter once
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Iltháes » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Level in Vanilla doesn't really matter when it comes to kill another player.

Obviously a level 5 can't kill a 60 even if his gear is horrible but as Krom said 3 or more players with adequate level, coordination and gear can kill certain 60s depending on their class and gear.

Same goes to really low level individuals(15-20) against higher levels(25-30)

I remember killing various bad geared 60s with a group of 3-5 lowbies through my leveling journey, good times.
Iltháes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Iltháes » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:34 pm

Lifealert wrote:I was killed by a 38 hunter once

Damn, I feel better now :D
Iltháes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by eddyon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:43 pm

Casters really can't, just constant resists. Basically impossible to land anything against any red player let alone lvl 60s.

I remember killing lots of red / skull players while levelling on retail vanilla but chance to spell hit vs level seems messed up on nos.
eddyon
Tester

by Muhsogyny » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:08 pm

Lifealert wrote:I was killed by a 38 hunter once

Sorry
Muhsogyny
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Lifealert » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:17 pm

You damn hunters/rogues/warriors/enh shams NEVER miss. You could be level 1 attacking a 60 and not miss a single swing. Level 55 attacking a 60? 90% of spells resist.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Player Vs Player