First time in AV and is this bug abuse or not?

First time in AV and is this bug abuse or not?

by geeca » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:18 am

So I walked into AV my first time and started to pick up the quests. When suddenly I noticed that 20 horde just bugged through a mountain http://i.imgur.com/22shd6C.jpg. Is this bug abuse or an allowed and sanctioned strategy. Are all of these accounts including the guy, "Bplee" I have hovered potentially at stake?

inb4 overlapping frames on ui. First time with raid frames, haven't moved them yet. inb4 click mana gems, modifier macro on 2 "mana."
geeca
Grunt
Grunt

Re: First time in AV and is this bug abuse or not?

by Lection » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:29 am

Are you talking about the backdoor?...

You're saying bugged "through" a mountain which makes it sound like you mean they literally clipped inside of the terrain. If you're just talking about the backdoor where horde can jump up a hill, then no, it's not against the rules and has been around since vanilla. The AV map is still alliance favored even when you factor in the backdoor, so don't complain.
Lection
Grunt
Grunt

by synkz » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:30 am

They didn't bug through the mountain, but they did come up through the "back door". There is a spot that you can jump up to and walk around the back mountain to get to the graveyard in your picture.
synkz
Private
Private

by geeca » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:34 am

synkz wrote:They didn't bug through the mountain, but they did come up through the "back door". There is a spot that you can jump up to and walk around the back mountain to get to the graveyard in your picture.

Oh, I didn't get to 50 in vanilla so I never experienced this. I'm assuming this backdoor was removed in the burning crusade as I have never seen it from TBC - Present.

The AV map is still alliance favored even when you factor in the backdoor, so don't complain.

I don't know about your preconceived notions but all I did was walk into a new place for the first time and was startled when 20 players materialized behind me as I was reading the quests. None of them came across that bridge I know that for sure.
geeca
Grunt
Grunt

by NikeTheSword » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:32 am

Horde can climb to the base from the behind. Devs have commented on this working as intended.
Let's not start this discussion again.
NikeTheSword
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nolee » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:57 am

Yes they are exploiting, only way for horde to win is to cheat, and the best part they love to call it blizzlike! :lol:
Nolee
Tester

by Ana » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:24 pm

Backdoor is as much a "bug abuse" as kiting Mine Layer to Balinda is.

Which is to say, not at all.

Tbh if alliance isn't capable of standing ground at backdoor to buy offense enough time, then they deserve to lose.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by nomnombus » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:26 pm

Bug use? It's not a bug if you walk up the ramp. If Alliance like to win by turtling, then we can win by walking up a wall that you call "bugging." :mrgreen:

-This guy Bplee
nomnombus
Tester

Return to Player Vs Player