Do horde warriors get kited a lot?

Re: Do horde warriors get kited a lot?

by stimz » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:19 am

Imao wrote:
varth wrote:You think ele shaman are strong once they are naxx geared, wait until 8/8 t3 paladins. Paladins are just so nice even ignoring freedom, in that they can dispel and are very durable against physical while horde just has priests.

If I ever played ally id be a gnome war, I think they are absolutely hilarious because that tiny little guy/girl can absolutely plow you + escape artist is incredibly strong on a warrior. On my priest i'll get charged by a gnome warrior, peer closely at them and BLAM OH SHIT THATS AN ASSKANDI SHIT SHIT SHIT

Oh I've seen 8/8 t3 paladins, but I've also seen them get lol1shotted countless times by the ele sham

t3 pallies are waaaaaaay stronger, but AQ40 shamans see a bigger power spike than naxx, so in about a year for about 2 years shamans should have an advantage.

Problem is all this horde burst requires coordination, have you seen the horde players on this server? In every video I've watched from monkeynews he charges in fully buffed, pops a free action pot, 30s later the FAP fades naturally and all other buffs still up, horrible buff stripping, that should be hordes focus starting a fight so they can insta catch freedoms and what not as they pop later in the fight. They can't even do this, let alone target the same player.

Guarantee shamans will blow their load completely uncoordinated, shit will live with 10% hp get healed back to full in 2 flashes and people will complain about paladins again. That and I'm guessing most mages run frost or hybrid scorch instead of AP builds cuz vurtne. Coordinated burst from shaman+mage will kill almost anything in an imp cs duration. Not to mention windfury totem, which I gotta assume doesn't work at all since no one mentions it as significant.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Heglamore » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:39 am

stimz wrote:
Imao wrote:
varth wrote:Guarantee shamans will blow their load completely uncoordinated, shit will live with 10% hp get healed back to full in 2 flashes and people will complain about paladins again. That and I'm guessing most mages run frost or hybrid scorch instead of AP builds cuz vurtne. Coordinated burst from shaman+mage will kill almost anything in an imp cs duration. Not to mention windfury totem, which I gotta assume doesn't work at all since no one mentions it as significant.

This is exactly Dreamstate's problem, and most of the Horde's problem in Vanilla. In retail Vanilla, horde dominated most PvP. The thing is:

Everything a paladin does *except* Divine Shield can be purged. What's killing the horde is Free Action Potions and Limited Invul potions that most "professional" PvPers will carry.

These are physical effects that cannot be purged or dispelled; but purging will still reduce the effectiveness of a given warrior's massively stacked buffs. If you don't do this -- you will lose because he cannot be stopped for 30 seconds and his damage must be mitigated.

The thing is? Your warriors have access to Free Action potions: Just like ours do.

And your mages have access to Limited Invulnerability potions: Just like ours do.

A fully geared warrior with full raid buffs will tear an enemy group to shreds. You have to coordinate your burst. But time and time again, Monkeynews rolls in there like a pissed off god-of-war ... and rick-rolls the enemy team. It's easy:

/target <ally name> (your PvP party leader)
/assist

You're all suddenly on the same target, swapping and insta-nuking the warrior whom over-extended into the middle of a freakin' raid group.

When you can learn to focus fire, and learn to purge, you can learn to bitch.

I swear to god, alliance Priests know how to dispel better then your guy's shamans. - . - ;

You see them use those unpurgable potions in every video. Get some of your own. High Warlord Pat used to do it. Grand Marshal Maydie used to do it. Get them, and do some work.
"you re ev il AND i kill y o u" - Malachie, Talking in 'Orc Gibberish'
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Arts » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:46 am

Heglamore wrote:These are physical effects that cannot be purged or dispelled

Do you even pvp?
Arts
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Muhsogyny » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:05 pm

Heglamore wrote:This is exactly Dreamstate's problem, and most of the Horde's problem in Vanilla. In retail Vanilla, horde dominated most PvP. The thing is:

Everything a paladin does *except* Divine Shield can be purged. What's killing the horde is Free Action Potions and Limited Invul potions that most "professional" PvPers will carry.

These are physical effects that cannot be purged or dispelled; but purging will still reduce the effectiveness of a given warrior's massively stacked buffs. If you don't do this -- you will lose because he cannot be stopped for 30 seconds and his damage must be mitigated.

The thing is? Your warriors have access to Free Action potions: Just like ours do.

And your mages have access to Limited Invulnerability potions: Just like ours do.

A fully geared warrior with full raid buffs will tear an enemy group to shreds. You have to coordinate your burst. But time and time again, Monkeynews rolls in there like a pissed off god-of-war ... and rick-rolls the enemy team. It's easy:

/target <ally name> (your PvP party leader)
/assist

You're all suddenly on the same target, swapping and insta-nuking the warrior whom over-extended into the middle of a freakin' raid group.

When you can learn to focus fire, and learn to purge, you can learn to bitch.

I swear to god, alliance Priests know how to dispel better then your guy's shamans. - . - ;

You see them use those unpurgable potions in every video. Get some of your own. High Warlord Pat used to do it. Grand Marshal Maydie used to do it. Get them, and do some work.

I know for certain FAPs are magic effects and subject to dispel magic and purge, and while I haven't specifically seen limited invuln dispelled I would be surprised if it is not also a magic effect.

I've explained this in another thread before, but the main problem is that most shaman are just garbage. Part of that is the fact that shaman are a lot harder to play effectively than holy paladins and are significantly worse at healing in pvp, but the vast majority of shaman on this server simply can't play their class effectively. Shaman have awful mana efficiency regardless of spec, but the burst capacity of elemental pretty much always makes it more desirable than restoration in pvp. And while elemental shaman can still offheal, that leaves Horde's main healers as priests vs melee cleave trains.... good luck. Most horde priests are pretty garbage at dispelling too, including a lot of the rankers.
Muhsogyny
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DrearyYew » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:11 pm

Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by stimz » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:34 pm

DrearyYew wrote:FAP: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=6615

Dispel Type: Magic

LIP: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=3169

Dispel Type: Magic

they were not dispellable in retail vanilla. wowwiki is a terrible source for information much like the consecration fake patch notes that were edited in to trick feenix admins to not patch it out, that also worked on nost lol.

it is in hordes favor whenever something becomes purgable though, although watching monkeynews vids im pretty sure purge doesnt work at all on nost. bug report imo

edit: by they I mean FAP, don't remember living action but faps were agreed banned in most twink brackets because it couldn't be dispelled.
Last edited by stimz on Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Uzephi » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:49 am

ILikeEggs wrote: DI for wipe protection,

Reincarnate..... But, yeah, a 20min raid wipe recovery is still better than 1 hour. (And saves the Paladin from a 10% durability loss)
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by kanem » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:57 pm

Reading this thread made my head hurt. How the fk do you not know if FAP and LIPs are able to be dispelled or not? How the fk are you going to tell other people how to pvp and not know shit like this?
kanem
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by varth » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:21 pm

It's a mindset problem, many shaman/priests think that healing/dmging is more valuable than purge/dispel because you get to see #'s and there's a very visible impact. They also don't know how crazy purge/dispel is because they don't personally experience how strong that is since only bubble is really worth dispelling and only ally priests are capable of this.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Player Vs Player