by Mryul » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:17 pm

Since they dont have paladins?

hamstring, etc
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Do horde warriors get kited a lot?

by thenuclearwalrus » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:19 pm

Our Shaman laugh at your hand of freedom, and also free action potion.
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mryul » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:26 pm

thenuclearwalrus wrote:Our Shaman laugh at your hand of freedom, and also free action potion.

What do you mean? freedom will dispel hamstring, etc. even if it does get purged.
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Heglamore » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:11 am

Mryul wrote:
thenuclearwalrus wrote:Our Shaman laugh at your hand of freedom, and also free action potion.

What do you mean? freedom will dispel hamstring, etc. even if it does get purged.

Yes, but skilled warriors know when to use their intercepts etc. Typically to force ice-block.

It's largely about coordination and multi-person comboing -- the horde have a different set of combo moves to counter-mages, and kiters then alliance do when they're working as teams. The meta is a bit different on this then it is on alliance.
"you re ev il AND i kill y o u" - Malachie, Talking in 'Orc Gibberish'
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Muhsogyny » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:32 am

Heglamore wrote:
Mryul wrote:

Yes, but skilled warriors know when to use their intercepts etc. Typically to force ice-block.

It's largely about coordination and multi-person comboing -- the horde have a different set of combo moves to counter-mages, and kiters then alliance do when they're working as teams. The meta is a bit different on this then it is on alliance.

In other words, horde has to try a LOT harder.
Muhsogyny
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Heglamore » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:38 am

I think Horde has more damage output, and Alliance has more defense. I don't think they have to try that much harder -- they are traditionally in vanilla.. the more powerful PvP faction. And that isn't because Horde players are inherently more skilled then alliance.

Will of the Forsaken. Look at your race population.

It has a huge impact on PvP.

Almost every character on the horde is an undead, or an orc.
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Muhsogyny » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:45 am

Heglamore wrote:I think Horde has more damage output, and Alliance has more defense. I don't think they have to try that much harder -- they are traditionally in vanilla.. the more powerful PvP faction. And that isn't because Horde players are inherently more skilled then alliance.

The damage increase provided by windfury totem is outmatched by paladins able to keep their warriors completely free of all forms of CC. The defensive capabilities of alliance are so strong that they are actually able to focus more on offense because it is so much harder to pressure them. It is a significant advantage for alliance in pvp that paladins are the only healers in the game where their "fast cast" heal doesn't have garbage mana efficiency compared to their slow cast. WotF is good but alliance also has some very good racials that people rarely ever mention.
Muhsogyny
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Halcyon702 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:36 am

Dwarves op

Pally Priest op
- The Ultimate Warlock -
Halcyon702
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Heglamore » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:18 am

I can actually agree, the alliance racials rarely get mentioned -- and they are pretty amazing. I'm a huge fan of perception, honestly -- I think it's amazing for Rogue vs. Rogue duels too, but I don't play a rogue.

And I think there are few things more annoying.. then charging at The seemingly empty Mine... and finding a Night-Elf Priest and a Night-Elf grand marshal warrior waiting for you in shadow-meld while 8 enemies are taking Blacksmith.

If I had it to do over again with hindsight -- I'd of played a dwarf, way back in the day.. I picked a human paladin, because it's what I knew, from old vanilla in retail; where I knew nothing about the game when I started.
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Cheem » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:30 am

Muhsogyny wrote:
Heglamore wrote:I think Horde has more damage output, and Alliance has more defense. I don't think they have to try that much harder -- they are traditionally in vanilla.. the more powerful PvP faction. And that isn't because Horde players are inherently more skilled then alliance.

The damage increase provided by windfury totem is outmatched by paladins able to keep their warriors completely free of all forms of CC. The defensive capabilities of alliance are so strong that they are actually able to focus more on offense because it is so much harder to pressure them. It is a significant advantage for alliance in pvp that paladins are the only healers in the game where their "fast cast" heal doesn't have garbage mana efficiency compared to their slow cast. WotF is good but alliance also has some very good racials that people rarely ever mention.

Don't forget escape artist, that racial is obnoxious on a warrior with someone who actually knows how to stance dance.
Cheem, indeed.
Cheem
Tester

Next

Return to Player Vs Player