BG Queue Times

BG Queue Times

by Samsquanch » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:58 pm

11k ppl on 50/50 horde/alliance split and 30 min horde AB weekend queue time O.o QQ'ing IRL
Samsquanch
Tester

Re: BG Queue Times

by snawfu » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:44 pm

you rolled the wrong faction ladddd
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Lifealert » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:25 pm

Samsquach? You've come back after getting banned for ninja looting?
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by arOo » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:56 pm

there is definitely something awry about the queue times.
I just did a couple of games in a grp (5 & 15man) and I have gotten way shorter queue times.

It seems like you get put in front of the queue when you q like that.
Gotta investigate it some more, then put it on the bugtracker.
/allyourbasearebelongtous
Nuar - Nostalrius Begins PvP
arOo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Azuros » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:08 am

arOo wrote:there is definitely something awry about the queue times.
I just did a couple of games in a grp (5 & 15man) and I have gotten way shorter queue times.

It seems like you get put in front of the queue when you q like that.
Gotta investigate it some more, then put it on the bugtracker.

I think we can safely say that there is still some sort of premade vs premade priority in game right now, theres definitely been a change since the 5 min grace period is gone, so all alliance queues are instant.
But 90%+ of games are still against premades/semis, until very late in the morning where theres none queueing on horde and we face pugs.
Honestly i dont mind, had more interesting games this week than any other week so far, but would be nice if nost would be transparent about their queue system, or if its possibly unintentional.
Azu, fury warrior of <NOPE>
Azuros
Grunt
Grunt

by Samsquanch » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:20 am

Lifealert wrote:Samsquach? You've come back after getting banned for ninja looting?

Must be someone else I don't ninja or PvE.
Samsquanch
Tester

by arOo » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:27 pm

So what's the public oppinion of our new queue system ~ 2 weeks in.
I was rather shocked to see the response to the announcement on twitter.
(and to the unexperienced player, i guess it seems rather odd to remove the premade vs premade priority)

Anyway, I have queud consistenly into bgs myself and found myself getting a good mix of premades &Pugs.
And I have to say I enjoyed playing them. (good games are as always a rarity though)

I haven't premaded since my last comment here, so it would be nice if people can shed a light on the
Premade vs Solo Queuetimes.
Are you getting faster games as a group?(@Horde)
/allyourbasearebelongtous
Nuar - Nostalrius Begins PvP
arOo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ohhgee » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:33 pm

Agreed, for me the overall quality of the solo queue experience has improved with the change back to Blizzlike. The Premade experience has DRAMARICALLY improved.

The best thing is that soon we will see an end to the wave of AFK solo queue r14's.

Unfortunately (and this is not meant to sound condescending) the average player on Nost does not grasp the complexities of the Vanilla PvP system and queue system, as evidenced by the responses on Twitter. The type of people that wrote those tweets are the same type of people that queue 3-4 BGs for fun, then stop. Unfortunately these players cannot make accurate judgements regarding the overall landscape of PvP due to the small sample size of their anecdotal evidence.

I probably would have made similar assumptions 4 years ago when I first started playing 1.12.11 pservs.

The queue system change is looking fantastic. When I solo queue now I have less AFK/not trying teammates, and when I have premaded I have had full games and consistently met an enemy premade at least every 3-4 games.
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vathdaar » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:16 pm

qeue system is perfect right now, while yes it is worse for Puggers on it major part that is how it is supposed to be towards ranker ( yes, ranking is meant to be in a premade due to efficiency this is not UTOPIA).

The system for premades is perfect right now, since STRONGEST PREM = TOP OF THE CHAIN ( most efficiency /hour ) unlike before where anyone could dodge premades and solo qeue afkers would be getting an absurd of top bracket.

I dont expect the casuals and new vanilla players to understand or support this system because that s what makes them what they are : casual and new.

Thanks nost dev team.

ps. I wouldnt mind a prio prem system which puts you in the start of the qeue or whatever as it is right now since the whole idea of the TOP premade still works while not devaluating the premades in one side ( like horde was forced to not premade, mainly because the sucked).
<GOD>
Lord of the <Local Ungoro Mafia>
Curator <NOPE>
vathdaar
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Noxm » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:22 pm

PS the number of ppl standing decrease :p
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq