Dire Maul Battleground

Re: Dire Maul Battleground

by Simonich » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:48 am

Heglamore wrote:
snawfu wrote:that was a nice post

If the horde were smart? They'd farm kills at the -entrance- to Dire Maul East for one very important reason:

Most of the farmers are to dumb to check their instance timers... so? After they've reset 5 times in an hour.. they'll try to get into the instance and be unable: They will run at the portal... and not get in.

You can murder them and laugh, and they're at your mercy for the next 10 - 20 minutes while periodically checking to see if they can get into the instance. All your kills will count for honor, nobody's farming is delayed, or hampered -- etc.

Yes. Some people will get into the instance: But the faster they GET to the instance.. the more likely they will lock themselves out by clearing to fast -- and since they will try to dive past you to 'safety' ... and not be able to get in? Profit.

If they get delayed, getting corpse-camped on their way TO the instance.. (While they have the 'honorless target' buff) they're more likely to be able to get into the instance on the other side.

If they kill someone with an honorless target buff (while they're zoning and for 12 or was it 15?) seconds afterwards... you get no honor, even though it says: "HK: Estimated Honor: ###".. calculations show it at the end of the day, and the end of the week.

And it's even worse, if the first kill you get on someone in a day is 'Honorless target'... since the second kill still counts as a second kill; even though the first kill doesn't count. (Reduced honor.)

It's Science.

Dude...

I often go to dire maul with 10 guildies just to gank alliance because they're in the enemy faction and im a barbarian who wants to pillage and slaughter. Our purpose is to delay and disrupt the enemy's faction actions and gain of power. I may get some honor, but i waste my rank on DHKs :D im rank 0. Its world pvp, you're red for me, i kill you. I remember we used to raid that chillwind camp and kill honorless targets constantly, then some horde ranker came complaining and whining, it was funny..

Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Heglamore » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:48 am

Simonich wrote:Image

Sir, you are the reason I play on a PvP server. Expect me.
"you re ev il AND i kill y o u" - Malachie, Talking in 'Orc Gibberish'
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by TastyTaste » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:10 pm

Heglamore wrote:
dustinfll wrote:My favorite place to die

Basically, Horde have 30 minute ques, so they go to Dire Maul to farm kills between ques, because they need to keep their honor up to stay competitive.

The problem? Most of these honor-grinders are actually morons: They attack people just as they come out of the instance.. and even though it says: "HK: Sergeant Major" and gives them 'Estimated Honor'....

The next day? All those 55 Alliance they killed with their gank-fuck in the Dire Maul exit with immediate rogue cheap-shot while they zone out? They actually earn ZERO honor from those kills... because everyone zoning out of the instance has the 'Honorless Target' buff. So when honor calculation rolls around at the end of the week: None of those kills actually show up on their honor points.

Worse? After you get 10 kills on someone in a day -- whether they had the Honorless target buff or not -- you won't get honor from them anymore.. so they're effectively removing their ability to -get- honor from what they're doing.

Meanwhile? I just PvP trinket and go back into the instance... speed past the Ironbark Protector patrol... and go out the other instance behind the "HK" focused Horde... Mount my Epic Mount and trigger the door-open: And jump over the rail; effortlessly avoiding sheep if anyone's paying attention enough to try, due to LOS.

Then? I run on my epic mount... intentionally agroing the Ogres so I can't be sapped by rogues and run to the instance.

Nifty Stopwatch, Swift Boots, Skull of Impending Doom (makes you immune to sheep -- and won't cause you damage if you immune -- Even BoP, since it's a non-dispellable (therefore physical) effect), Divine shield and my swiftness pots if necessary make sure I get to the instance.

They're mongoloids who can't even realize they're not getting honor from the kills they're trying to farm at the instance exit.

If frost-mages can't outwit them.. those frost-mages deserve to be corpse-camped.

Morale of the story: Stop being a mongoloid and you won't have problems with mongoloids. Go back into Dire Maul West.. and go out the other exit.

You only get "HK "Rank" - Honor xxx" if the target was worth honor. if you have the honor debuff then it doesn't even give you that statement its just like killing under leveled players you get no message at all.
TastyTaste
Grunt
Grunt

by Heglamore » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:28 pm

I don't kill people with 'Honorless Target' very often -- so thank-you for the correction!

As a side-note:

I actually thought of a reason to have a 'Remove Honorless Target' macro to remove your own protection:

(obviously you'd need to search for buff by icon label for the macro; but those macro sauvy will understand)=

If you do it on targets with low rank, you're actually *technically* making the horde's higher ranking player's grind to High Warlord more difficult, by introducing more honor lower in the pool, thereby bloating the pool and raising Honor Requirements at the top.

I may actually see if I can create an addon to do this automatically based on your target's PvP rank when you use an ability..

The amount of damage it does to someone's honor grind may be beneath notice ... but it's the spirit that counts.

If you're -going- to die... you can increase the honor of someone who's never going to do anything with it ... and make it more difficult for people who want to.
"you re ev il AND i kill y o u" - Malachie, Talking in 'Orc Gibberish'
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Player Vs Player