Premades...

Re: Premades...

by mozibake » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:44 am

Honestly vathdar's intense retardation just serves to reinforce the point he's always yelling about in threads similar to this one. If a mongoloid like that can get 14 other mongoloids together and dominate every BG he's in, why can't you, OP?
you think it be like it is but it's don't
-jack brack
mozibake
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vathdaar » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:31 pm

what the wannabe chinese player said ^^
<GOD>
Lord of the <Local Ungoro Mafia>
Curator <NOPE>
vathdaar
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Taco » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:05 pm

I wholeheartedly have to agree to the OP.

On regular nights, I seem to be facing around ~50% premades (yep, I have counted a couple of days). Sometimes worse, tonight for example I faced ca. 75% premades in WSG.

First of all, I'm aware the current queueing system is similar (identical?) to vanilla from a technical aspect.
However, it is not in terms of practical consequences.

I don't actually recall facing premades back in vanilla - and don't get me wrong, I'm fairly sure that did happen to me back then. It just must have been so occassionally that it didn't even stick around in my memory as any kind of issue.
But let's face it, the community here isn't exactly like the vanilla community back then.
It feels like even the very average Nost player is very well aware of their complete BIS list, stat optimization, perfect rotations, you name it. No surprise there, it's not exactly the average joe coming to some private server to play a >10 year old game - it's mostly enthusiasts. So no rocket science we have a lot of players who are very dedicated to the game, and most likely also a lot more who're willing to form premades to rank up.

Meaning, even though the queue system might be the same, I assume we have a lot more premades participating than back in the day.

Ok, so where are the issues:

1. PUG vs PUG are usually fair matches, meaning they take a while, say 30 mins or whatever. A premade can steamroll a PUG in 5 minutes or something. So a premade could nuke down 6 PUGs in the time of one fair PUG vs PUG game.
Or in other words: If you had 50% of players playing in premades, and the other half in PUGs, the odds of a PUG queueing into a premade would be much higher than 50%.

2. I have yet to see any PUG win against a premade actually. If you assume something like facing (and losing to) premades in ~50% of the matches while winning your fair share (half) of the other 50% of PUG vs PUG matches, that means PUGs would lose 75% of all the matches they play. Not a particularly enjoyable ratio - modern live WoW had a mass exodus of PVPers (from horde to alliance) for a much lesser skewed win ratio.

3. The old Nost queue system seemed to have issues with win trading. Fair enough.
But the current system means a premade will just crush any pug within minutes, so similarly fast and with just as little efford from the premade. In fact, in a good share of these matches the PUGs don't even try to fight back (not that it would help much), but rather just stay there like.. just let it be over already.
Is that really a lesser issue than win trading? Especially as this is an inherent consequence of the system, while win trading on the other hand should be reasonably easy to discover in many cases and ban the players.

4. I'm not sure the current system is beneficial to premade players either. Completely stomping down premades is probably fun for a while, but I guess that gets old after a few dozen matches too.
And in terms of honor gains, they have no advantage to my understanding. Sure, stomping a pug is much much faster than having to fight a long match against another premade. But the other premades competing for the high ranks have the very same advantage or disadvantage, so its not going to change much about their relative standing.

TL:DR; The current queue system may technically be blizzlike, but not from its practical outcome. Imho, best solution would be the old Nost queue system, combined with a much more consequent banhammer on win trading.
Taco
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Player Vs Player