Hi I am thinking of ranking

by Hoku » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:06 am

so I just want to know what to expect on my journey to r14 ^.^ thanks
-random rogue
Hoku
Tester

Re: Hi I am thinking of ranking

by sorrana » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:58 am

All rumors are true. Forget everything else, play the game.

-random rogue²
sorrana
Grunt
Grunt

by Talesavo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:15 am

Rogues are generally relegated to basically one slot on the Alliance side. Flag defense in WSG & GM Mine defense + roam if applicable. The general consensus from people is running multiple rogues in prems are a liability, so as a tip, I'd suggest a couple of things. Be prepared for everything, literally, everything. Shadow/Ice/Fire Reflectors, Skull of Impending doom, Restorative potions, Rocket helm, FAP's, Barov's peasant callers, the works man. A rogue who isn't using every engineering trick is going to get assraped because they're incredibly squishy. Props to players like Jeromes who wasn't about getting kills necessarily, but just being a big fucking nuisance all the time.
www.twitch.tv/talesavotv

-those fucks at blizzard banned talesavo13. :(
Talesavo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Darkwinjax » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:10 am

if you have a proper premade you play 14-18 hours a day from wednesday to saturday and then you go on about your life, if not enjoy playing 14-18hours til wednesday.

this for 1-2 months
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Healthycoww » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:18 am

Try doing your final month in only 5 man groups. :mrgreen:
Healthycoww
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nikoru » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:47 pm

So many familar names, hi nerds!#
你好,我叫库鲁
60级术士
#1 DPS服务器
Nikoru
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Bofadeez » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:49 pm

hope you have health insurance that covers chemo, because there's a good chance you'll get cancer
Bofadeez
Sergeant
Sergeant

by sorrana » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:02 pm

Bofadeez wrote:hope you have health insurance that covers chemo, because there's a good chance you'll get cancer

:lol:
sorrana
Grunt
Grunt

by Azuros » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:25 pm

Hoku wrote:so I just want to know what to expect on my journey to r14 ^.^ thanks
-random rogue

Sitting in flag room "defending" 18+ hours a day.
Once every 3 weekends youll get to "defend" stables/farm in AB 18+ hours a day.
Once every 3 weekends youll get to cap/defend towers/bunkers in AV for 18+ hours a day.

Enjoy your next 4 months.

In all honestly though, ranking can be very fun if you've got nothing else going on and you play with a group of people that are around your general skill level while being somewhat enjoyable to be around.
Except for the rogue part, rogues are ZZZZZ in premade bgs.
Azu, fury warrior of <NOPE>
Azuros
Grunt
Grunt

by Slicy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:04 pm

Bofadeez wrote:hope you have health insurance that covers chemo, because there's a good chance you'll get cancer

Or you get to play against /toggle walk campfire makers at AB's farm and WSG's flag room. And you never get cancer, just giggles and free worthy HKs :lol: .

On topic though, if you don't want to die of boredom as a rogue in a premade, make sure to lead it so you don't have to anchor a base/def FR every single game vs pugs like it has been described. You have many ways of providing way more than that. That's where you'll enjoy ranking.

For instance, go for solo ninja cap missions in AB which sometimes lets you have funky 1 vs x (if the guys aren't afk/didn't give up already) and turn games around or at least apply pressure/distraction.

Learn how to never let the flag carrier get away from your flag room, regardless of class. If in a 1 vs x situation, get the better end of it (nuke the healer, force the mage to use IB/cold snap, delay the fapped druid as long as possible, etc). Being dedicated to flag room defense is one thing. Being a real nightmare for any enemy FC and excellent at this is another one.

Otherwise, invest in a good coffee machine so you don't fall asleep. Make yourself valuable to the team and relevant at any moment in every BG. Having an impact is very easy as a rogue. The difference is between being proactive + efficient and being passive.

Make sure to yell louder than warriors to get healed/dispelled in tfs. You are at the bottom of the heal/dispel chain (for a reason). So when you do need one, make it happen.
Yell even louder what you're about to sap/blind/gouge, otherwise ppl will always fuck it up, especially when it's a flag capping CC.

Be vocal. You become an asset once you are able to provide the right informations at the right times (that's 80% of your job. 10% is killing/ccing/anchoring/defing/capping. 10% left is (thistle)tea bagging undead clothies like Bofadeez).
Example: instead of randomly saying "inc flagroom", say number + classes, from where they are coming, where they are going (and ideally with raid warning macros + keybinds on them), even the player name if relevant (X druid, always prepop fap, ask for someone namely in your team to come dispel it).

When not grinding honor, grab empty cans of beer and pretend they are nades. Train you aim with it on your little sister/pet/a flee or w.e. You must become master to 360 preshot nade tricks on blinking babyvurtnes#editedbygoth.

Get something to drink/smoke/swallow to waste yourself even further. Play with ppl you enjoy playing with (even if they are a yelling portugese warlock, a strong accent french magus, a crazy spanish tilting for a scratch, a female gnome war with no pigtails, muricans with weirdo play shifts, a shady balkan female dwarf and a drunk male NE with TuF).

Enjoy the ride.

@nerds above :
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Player Vs Player