More Forum Sections

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: More Forum Sections

by Tsoulus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:11 pm

Excellent idea, I fully concur with Drain's idea.
Tsoulus
Tester

by Youfie » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:33 pm

+1, more forum sections would be nice :)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Viper » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:36 pm

A section has been added : viewforum.php?f=24
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

by Don » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:49 pm

I would like to see a different style of forum too, atleast more sections. But that will naturally come closer to release I suppose.
Don - King of Dreamstate
http://www.dreamstate.shivtr.com
Don
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Viper wrote:A section has been added : viewforum.php?f=24

More!
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by dsquidvicious » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:07 am

Thanks for the responding to the wishes of the community. It's great to see responsive devs and mods :D
dsquidvicious
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Thrashing » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:45 pm

Viper wrote:A section has been added : viewforum.php?f=24

Thanks, it is good to see that you respond to the wishes of the community.

However it might be in your best interest to flesh it out a bit more.
In general more forum sections gives new members or potential players a better impression of not only your forums but your server as well. I personally think that a lot of players searching for new homes judge servers by their website and forums and how professional they look. Adding more logical forum sections will help make people take the server seriously.

Another upside to an increase in forum sections is less clutter and spam in the existing ones and would make overview a lot better.

When it comes to the new "Mechanics and Classes" sections that has been added, it is a great addition. However I would suggest that you add sub-forums to this section for every class individually. This would make these forums specifically a lot more oversightful. E.g. someone is only interested in the Paladin class, this would allow them to filter threads much more efficiently without having to scroll through many pages to find what they came for.

Another few examples of possible forum sections are:
- Introductions (new members saying hi)
- Player vs. Environment
- Player vs. Player
- Addons, Macros and UI
- Off-Topic

I think it's also imperative to add more and new forums sections quickly. We are all here because this server shows great potential, however I personally feel that the forum especially comes across as a bit lacking to a new member. Quickly expanding the forums and having them look more grand will help impress new players.
Furthermore, the earlier new forum sections are added, the less cluttered the existing forum sections will be.
Last edited by Thrashing on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thrashing
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ricprimus » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:51 pm

Mods and macros section would be very nice since 1.12 has it's own unique set that actually work. Will start compiling the ones I know that links work. Also have a 1.12 guide for enchanting and engineering saved somewhere, will track those down.
ricprimus
Private
Private

by Hatson » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:47 pm

Oh, yes. I'd love to see a Mods & Macros section. I actually have mod questions myself.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by venven » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Thrashing wrote:Thanks, it is good to see that you respond to the wishes of the community.

However it might be in your best interest to flesh it out a bit more.
In general more forum sections gives new members or potential players a better impression of not only your forums but your server as well. I personally think that a lot of players searching for new homes judge servers by their website and forums and how professional they look. Adding more logical forum sections will help make people take the server seriously.

Another upside to an increase in forum sections is less clutter and spam in the existing ones and would make overview a lot better.

When it comes to the new "Mechanics and Classes" sections that has been added, it is a great addition. However I would suggest that you add sub-forums to this section for every class individually. This would make these forums specifically a lot more oversightful. E.g. someone is only interested in the Paladin class, this would allow them to filter threads much more efficiently without having to scroll through many pages to find what they came for.

Another few examples of possible forum sections are:
- Player vs. Environment
- Player vs. Player
- Off-Topic

I think it's also imperative to add more and new forums sections quickly. We are all here because this server shows great potential, however I personally feel that the forum especially comes across as a bit lacking to a new member. Quickly expanding the forums and having them look more grand will help impress new players.
Furthermore, the earlier new forum sections are added, the less cluttered the existing forum sections will be.

Thrashing wrote:Another few examples of possible forum sections are:
- Player vs. Environment
- Player vs. Player
- Off-Topic

Thrashing wrote:
- Off-Topic
Rogue IG & IRL.
venven
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous