Rank 14 weapons

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Rank 14 weapons

by Askental » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:30 am

I know :lol: Really love the old pics on the armor sets page too...

Anyway, they should totally be obtainable... It's blizzlike (!), and having only 13 pvp ranks is a huge drawback for the pvp lovers.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aquane » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:26 am

why did they make R14 weapons unobtainable until Nefarian is downed if these are the stats?
all pre-1.11 rank 14 items Item Level 68 according to the damage/armor values, which is the same item level used for Hakkar's loot, loot from Baron Geddon, Magmadar, Garr, and Golemagg the Incinerator, and actually those MC bosses have loot up to Ilvl 71, and Majordomo only drops ilvl 70-71 gear
I'll repost them for an easier comparison

High Warlord's Greatsword
Two-Hand
Sword
196-295 Damage
Speed 3.80
(64.6 damage per second)
+20 Strength
+36 Stamina
Requires Level 60
Requires High Warlord
Equip: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%.

in addition, before Nefarian, High Warlord's Greatsword isn't as good as BRE, and neither is Spinal Reaper(debatably), Blackblade of Shahram, Untamed Blade, Draconic Maul(for non-warriors), Drake-Talon Cleaver(for non-warriors), or Obsidian-Edged Blade(for pve)

now, I compare the 1 handers, and I'm guessing the 1.8 speed one-handers didn't exist yet

for comparison:
High Warlord's Cleaver
One-Hand
Axe
115-173 Damage
Speed 2.90
(49.7 damage per second)
+6 Stamina
Requires Level 60
Requires High Warlord
Equip: +12 Attack Power.

heres one-handers better than this that drop before Nefarian
Claw of the Black Drake, Deathbringer, Ironfoe, Empyrean Demolisher, Teebu's(almost), Viskag the Bloodletter, and Chromatically Tempered Sword, and honorable mention goes to Brutality Blade for being close to Teebu's

and heres the stats for daggers, for your easy viewing, also ilvl 68

Grand Marshal's Dirk
One-Hand
Dagger
79-120 Damage
Speed 2.00
(49.7 damage per second)
+6 Stamina
Requires Level 60
Requires Grand Marshal
Equip: +12 Attack Power.

theres only two daggers before Nefarian better than this, and those are Dragonfang Blade and Perdition's Blade, so I'll give you that one

also, it goes without saying that Drillborer Disk from Garr and Force Reactive Disk are better than the pre-1.11 R14shield, and then Elementium Reinforced Bulwark from Chromaguss is better than the post 1.11 R14 shield, I mean just look at the poor thing
High Warlord's Shield Wall
Off Hand
Shield
2468 Armor
+7 Strength
+18 Stamina
Requires Level 60
Requires High Warlord
Equip: When struck in combat has a 5% chance of inflicting 35 to 65 Nature damage to the attacker.

even the shield from UBRS is better than this thing for a tank just because of the +defense

now, heres bows for comparison
Ranged:

"High Warlord's Street Sweeper
Ranged
Bow (lel it's supposed to be the gun)
90-135 Damage
Speed 2.90
(38.8 damage per second)
Requires Level 60
Requires High Warlord
Equip: +26 ranged Attack Power.
"
heres ranged weapons before Nefarian that are better than this;
Ancient Petrified Leaf, which should be enough reason for ranged weapons by itself, Heartstriker(debatably), Ashjre'thul, Crossbow of Smiting from Chromaguss, and Dragonbreath Hand Cannon

and lastly, the caster staff gives 36 stam, 20 int, 15 spirit, and 44 spd/healing, which isn't as good as Staff of Dominance and some mh/oh combos, and there was no High Warlord's Quickblade or healy stick or offhanders or a spell damage one hander back then

EDIT: also heres the stats for the bow, for your easy viewing, which is faster than the crossbow and gun
High Warlord's Recurve
Ranged
Bow
55-84 Damage
Speed 1.80
(38.6 damage per second)
Requires Level 60
Requires High Warlord
Equip: +26 ranged Attack Power.

not much, if anything, needs to be said about this other than these are the stats

also, if anybody new is wondering, all R14 1-handers except the dagger had the same stats damage and speed, except the offhand fist weapon is offhand only, the R14 crossbow and R14 gun have the same exact stats, and all R14 2-handers have the same exact stats except the staff

tl;dr version, R14 weapons from before patch 1.11 aren't too powerful to be available at release, please make them available at release in their pre-1.11 forms

EDIT: thanks for changing these R14 weapons to be available at launch, Viper
Last edited by Aquane on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Askental » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:41 am

Thank you for making the point very clear.

Totally forgot about the bow being faster... And you're correct about the faster offhanders, these were added along with the 1h for casters and books when the weapons were updated.

I would just add that regardless of the stats, these rewards are simply part of the game! Removing pvp rewards is not going to bring players imho.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hatson » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:00 am

I agree with Aquane on that. If they're going to be changing the stats on the R7-R10 / R12-R13 PvP sets prior to the BWL 1.6.0 patch release - Then they should be fair and do it for the R14 weapons as well. Now that we have the numbers for them, couldn't they also change the R14 weapons prior to BWL 1.6.0 release?

Like Aquane demonstrated, the old versions of both the Item Sets, and the R14 weapons, were certainly in balance with the current content of the game, prior to the BWL 1.6.0. update.
So I don't see why not do the change for the R14 weapons as well, if they're doing it for all the item sets anyways. That would give the PvP fanatics a reason to bother with High Warlord / Grand Marshal for the first half a year of the server - Instead of having to wait till BWL is released and then suddenly everyone would jump on the R14 train at the same time.

Doesn't feel quite right to me. Now that I've had some days to think about this, after their statement of the R7-R13 item set changes.. I feel they should do it for the R14 weapons as well.
If the numbers are balanced correctly in correspondence with what they were back then in retail Vanilla, then I don't see why not.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by cardk » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:07 pm

Hatson wrote:I feel they should do it for the R14 weapons as well.

Thank you! My point exactly.
No member ever downed a raid boss, by dying for his guild. He killed the raid boss, by DPS'ing it down to zero.

- Mute
cardk
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Moxey » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:19 am

Oh man the old level 58 blue pvp items were so horrible heh. That was one big bad thing in wow that raids gave way better gear then pvp for a lot less effort.
But i like this "kill nef to upgrade items" one too.

One thing i hope is that they dont make us rebuy the pvp items once they get upgraded.
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Viper » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:17 am

Viper
Administrator
Administrator

by Hatson » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:50 pm

Oh my god, based Nostalrius developers, seriously. Again and again. These announcements make me happier and happier. They listen to the community, which can have good, and bad requests, but so far I've felt they've always taken the good ones in mind and acted on it. <3
The White Blacksmith.
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Askental » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Great!!
Thanks team :)
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hatson » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:15 pm

Viper wrote:http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4#p1425

One thing to note, though. Shouldn't the R14 weapons be update on BWL release (patch 1.6.0) instead of ZG release (patch 1.7.0).
Pretty sure the stats were update in patch 1.6 - Not 1.7
http://puu.sh/d2gYm/2728a862a0.png
http://www.wowwiki.com/High_Warlord%27s_Greatsword
The White Blacksmith.
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions