World chat

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: World chat

by mike1097 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:42 am

NO WORLDCHAT!
"Drunhall"
60 Protection Warrior
<It burns when I PvP>

Alliance
Nostalrius Begins PvP
mike1097
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by balsh » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:46 am

homotrold wrote:I would rather that they made it impossible to create your own chats. A world chat ect.
Maybe thats because we didnt use one when I played vanilla in retail, and it wouldnt be blizzlike to me..
But I like the more "realistic" way of having to fly to a capital city to chat with the cities and so on.

In general I don't like the whole "making it easier" in any way.
Removing the downsides of anything, really makes the upsides less rewarding.

And that is what blizzard have been doing ever since wotlk imo, and the game has just become more and more boring and less rewarding... to me.

This.

Never heard about those kind of chats in retail wow back then, I'm pretty sure there was none on most servers (maybe on some really low pop servs)and they just became popular with private servers.

And to the kids who're going to taunt me about keybinds or whatever, I was already playing full binds in vanilla (got some vids to back it up).

Edit: Also contrary to what people say, this is not something you just don't join if you don't like it cause you're gimping yourself by doing so. You'll be missing the whole groups and trades discussion cause people won't be using the main cities channel anymore like on every private servers most likely.
Last edited by balsh on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
balsh
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Shadow » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:49 am

Engrave wrote:
Sonday wrote:I'm opposed to a world chat. The reason is, I like the chat to reflect the environment I'm in. If I'm in the wild, I don't want to see a whole bunch of random chat. If I'm in a very crowded place, I want the chat to reflect that population.

You could argue that I could just turn the chat off if I'm out in the wild, but I don't like doing that. It just breaks the immersion more for me if I have to modify things like that.

Also, there is to much potential for trash talk and random topics can very easily run rampant on global chat.

Thanks. you handed me the words i was trying to find on the subject.

The odds are that no matter the channel, moderated or not, faction only or not, we will still see the regular trash talk from the average joe/jane that seeks atention on a regular basis - the biggest flaw of this game in my opinion. Yes, we each have the option to join/leave such channels, but the question remains - to force myself to see trash talk in order to get an important lfg call once in a blue moon or not?
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
Shadow
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Suggestions