WoW Vanilla events

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

WoW Vanilla events

by gazi05 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:09 pm

So wow vanilla had so me events during its time period. There are: the elemental invasion, Scepter of the Shifting sands, war effort and scourge invasion. Some were one time event and some were constant. Players who will play from the beginning of the server will experience them all. But as the content continues and new players come later they wont experience it at all. And my suggestion is make those events rarely, like the elemental invasion and the scourge invasion. This will make the server fresh and people want to kill those mobs all the time, I even think there are some quests where you can get some decent blue gear. Scourge invasion is introduced in patch 1.11 so this would happen when naxx is launched. But the AQ events (Scepter of the Shifting sands, war effort) will only be one time event, you cant open the gate once in a while so this wont be a good idea. But those two I hope you will consider them as maybe onece a month event.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
gazi05
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: WoW Vanilla events

by Hatson » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:27 pm

Once a month would be far too frequent, though.
More like once a year if anything beyond just once per server.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Youfie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 pm

(Yeah, even yearly Scourge Invasions and War Efforts seem quite often)

The Elemental Invasions are already a recurrent event btw (something like every 2-4 days I think).
Last edited by Youfie on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Drain » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:58 pm

They plan to do it progressively like retail did. We don't know if they will repeat events after all is said and done. I think it's too early to worry about something that won't even be an issue until a year or two after the server is released. Perhaps they will make some of the events reoccur on a regular timeline as they move on to work on BC.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Malga » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:59 pm

Naxx will probably be closed for a loooooooooong time.

Do not forget that we will run on a pre-nerf version of all the raid... including AQ40.
Malga Warlock 60 (active) on Light's Hope
Yeani Mage 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga Warrior 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga
Sergeant
Sergeant

by gazi05 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:37 am

I agree with you, but I plan to stay on vanilla realm, I dont really much like the expansions. So I hope the scourge and elemental invasion are going to be frequently. Not once a month like I said but like once a year I don't care, as long as they are in the game. And yes the AQ event should be one time.
gazi05
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Birdie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:00 pm

I would not bother having custom events, if they are smart events. Blizzard used to do some events at patch change for example.
Birdie
Private
Private

Return to Suggestions