Restrict Cross-Faction

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Restrict Cross-Faction

by James Goblin » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Id like to see that, faction pride and so on...BUT...it will not happen because I highly doubt majority would support it. Also, devs certainly have much higher priorities now, and it will be impossible to make the switch after some time.
James Goblin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ghostly » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:27 pm

You aren't gonna have a blizzlike PvP experience with people being able to play both factions. What kind of faction hate can one speak of when everyone from horde can speak to everyone on alliance on a lvl 1 char, and vice versa? How can you expect people to be dedicated to their faction when everybody and their mother will have an alt on the opposite side, for scouting/espionage purposes at least? If the server could release with a limit of 1 faction per account, 1 account per IP, and a rule to ban those who get caught bypassing that limit, it would help the community greatly in the long run.
all is now dark
Ghostly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Patience » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:49 pm

The funny thing here is...

I could play from the same computer with 2 different IPs. And so could everyone else who knows what google is.

People will still find ways around it, like it or not.
Patience <RAID IS DEAD>
http://rid-nostalrius.wowlaunch.com/
Still recruiting exceptional people!
Patience
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TheLockKing » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:33 pm

Ghostly wrote:You aren't gonna have a blizzlike PvP experience with people being able to play both factions. What kind of faction hate can one speak of when everyone from horde can speak to everyone on alliance on a lvl 1 char, and vice versa? How can you expect people to be dedicated to their faction when everybody and their mother will have an alt on the opposite side, for scouting/espionage purposes at least? If the server could release with a limit of 1 faction per account, 1 account per IP, and a rule to ban those who get caught bypassing that limit, it would help the community greatly in the long run.

Yeah guys. How can I hate the Imperials if I have a choice to join them? They shoulda restricted it to Stormcloak only.

This idea that the big bad players who like to play both factions will "ruin the game for everyone" is outright tripe. And anyone who believes in it can go fuck themselves with their own fearmongering boners. It's called ROLEPLAYING. Learn it, ya jessies.
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DrunkenEnvy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:37 pm

TheLockKing wrote:Yeah guys. How can I hate the Imperials if I have a choice to join them? They shoulda restricted it to Stormcloak only.

This idea that the big bad players who like to play both factions will "ruin the game for everyone" is outright tripe. And anyone who believes in it can go fuck themselves with their own fearmongering boners. It's called ROLEPLAYING. Learn it, ya jessies.

I think you need a time-out kiddo.
DrunkenEnvy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TheLockKing » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:04 pm

And I think you need to learn that limiting people based on wild speculation and assumptions is a surefire way to piss off a lot of potential players. Locking in a faction based on account would be somewhat fine, sure it's an archaic idea but easily gotten around.. but IP Banning/locking? That's a witch hunt if I've ever seen one. No one's expressed interest in making lvl 1s to piss off other factions, at least none that I've seen. Any justification someone can come up for this obviously moronic idea with is easily shot down by logic.
HORDE

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DrunkenEnvy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:06 pm

TheLockKing wrote:And I think you need to learn that limiting people based on wild speculation and assumptions is a surefire way to piss off a lot of potential players. Locking in a faction based on account would be somewhat fine, sure it's an archaic idea but easily gotten around.. but IP Banning/locking? That's a witch hunt if I've ever seen one. No one's expressed interest in making lvl 1s to piss off other factions, at least none that I've seen. Any justification someone can come up for this obviously moronic idea with is easily shot down by logic.

Go play Guild Wars 2 if you want to be so close-minded. This is a 2004 game from before you were born.
DrunkenEnvy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TheLockKing » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:21 pm

Resorting to calling me a child and referring a game I not only own but is VASTLY different, not to mention has no factions... then saying that I, the one who is lobbying AGAINST LIMITS, is close minded.

Whelp, I've lost all reason to care. Here's JoJo gifs.

ImageImageImageImageImage
HORDE

ALLIANCE
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hatson » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:27 pm

DrunkenEnvy wrote:Go play Guild Wars 2 if you want to be so close-minded. This is a 2004 game from before you were born.

The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by azamous » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:42 pm

Intel will be harder to get on each member of the two factions, fresh server, fresh players, fresh encounters. I personally think it's fun when you get a whisper from a level 1 hurling abuse at you because you shrekt him. :D I also think you were just dealing with retarded people regarding the 'spying'. Nostralius seems to be a semi-intelligent community so things won't go that easy, (not only this, but imagine how much damage the city guards do at launch and onwards...) especially since I'm sure a lot of people will stick to one main faction throughout, from start to around BWL release when people may get to the point where they can't do anything else on their mains and want to make alts. Time to make a database of my player encounters, and remember guys, write down the name of the guy that killed you :lol: I know I myself will be planning some assassinations, heheheh........ :twisted: :mrgreen:
azamous
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Suggestions