[Yes-Under Development] Increase Herb Spawn Rates

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: [Pending] Increase Herb Spawn Rates

by Robotron » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Now we just need Plaguebloom to spawn enough so it caps at 20g a stack (which is already a very high price compared to retail, but w/e).
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Vorfidus » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:12 am

Robotron wrote:Now we just need Plaguebloom to spawn enough so it caps at 20g a stack (which is already a very high price compared to retail, but w/e).

Idk, I personally like herbing something that I find with ease and getting a retarded amount of gold for it. Now black lotus on the other hand... China-bot farmers too stronk.
The level of whining about bans on the forums is at an all time industrial level.
Vorfidus
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Robotron » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:29 am

20g/stack is still very fair. 60g is basically "never use Mongoose again" expensive.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Vorfidus » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:04 am

Robotron wrote:20g/stack is still very fair. 60g is basically "never use Mongoose again" expensive.

Yet try-hards still do.
The level of whining about bans on the forums is at an all time industrial level.
Vorfidus
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Setup » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:57 am

Just think of how high they would have to boost the spawn rate to get the price down by half.

Doubling the spawn rate wouldn't do it because there's probably a lot of people who aren't using mongoose at the current price, or are using less than they otherwise would.

To hit "blizzlike" prices for plaguebloom, they'd probably have to x10 the supply.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Robotron » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:13 am

Then they should increase it tenfold.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Tinkertown » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Setup wrote:To hit "blizzlike" prices for plaguebloom, they'd probably have to x10 the supply.

I sincerely doubt that the demand curve is anywhere close to that steep. But, regardless, even if that was true it would basically just be an argument for increasing it tenfold.
Tinkertown
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Setup » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:14 pm

Well, x10 is based less on the demand curve, and more on how low blizzlike prices are compared to the current prices. Guybrush posted an allakhazam link from 2006 that listed the median price for plaguebloom around 10g/stack.

See: http://web.archive.org/web/200607180020 ... item=13466

Of course we're talking blizzlike, anything in that neighborhood would be fine. At this point, I'd settle for anything. Even 30g/stack would be a dream compared to now.
Last edited by Setup on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Robotron » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:00 pm

setup pls be me waifu
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by vinceyoung » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:01 pm

Are you sure that's 50s a stack and not 50s per plaguebloom? 50s a stack just seems insanely low. I never bought plaguebloom during retail vanilla so I can't really comment on what I remember. But I do remember atleast on my server dreamfoil was ~16g a stack which is a bit lower than it is on here. I guess something to keep in mind is that since this server has such a high population there's gonna be higher gold inflation which makes it hard to compare the prices we pay on this server compared to what was paid on a retail vanilla server.
vinceyoung
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions