[Yes-Under Development] Increase Herb Spawn Rates

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Increase Herb Spawn Rates

by Breesy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:21 am

Herb spawns are fine. Just means less consumables to casuals.
Breesy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by pmizz » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:06 am

less qq more pewpew
QG-Pmizzrym
SC2-Pmizz
ED-Gork,Pmizz
Nost-Pmizz<ThunderCats>
Kronos-Pmizzrym<TC>
pmizz
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mang0 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:14 am

The spawns are not alright, if something isn't done they will definitely reach well above 25g

Hell, they even reached 22g last thursday
Mang0
Private
Private

by Solmyr » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:29 am

Stop bitching about the lack of Silversage, instead start using its derivative consumables more sparingly. People, who think they need Mongoose and Spellpower elixirs for farm raids are the reason the prices are so inflated - everyone is chugging pots as if they got Silversages growing out of their ears, while in fact the herb is scarce and was scarce back in retail too (rarer than Dreamfoil).

We've reached Peak Silversage supply - the supply will never go up from the current levels. Demand currently exceeds supply, therefore the prices will continue to rise until the market forces people to start using the herb more sparingly.
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Holmes » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:43 am

i have herbalism 300 for like 3-4 days now and ive made 300-400g with it
so i mainly got like 15 dreamfoil stacks, 4 mountain silverage stacks, 5 black lotus

i've played on EU frostwolf on vanilla retail, which was a high populated server, and gathering herbs here feels kinda the same. there only are too many rich thorium veins and in some caves are like 8 veins active at once (bug) of another lower metal. so when you know these spots its incredibly easy to level mining
Holmes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by nervous » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:12 am

Solmyr wrote:Stop bitching about the lack of Silversage, instead start using its derivative consumables more sparingly. People, who think they need Mongoose and Spellpower elixirs for farm raids are the reason the prices are so inflated - everyone is chugging pots as if they got Silversages growing out of their ears, while in fact the herb is scarce and was scarce back in retail too (rarer than Dreamfoil).

We've reached Peak Silversage supply - the supply will never go up from the current levels. Demand currently exceeds supply, therefore the prices will continue to rise until the market forces people to start using the herb more sparingly.

BLAME IT ALL ON REALMPLAYERS EVERYONES GOTTA BE THE FASTEST
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by maos » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:40 am

I'm not a herbalist, so I have no idea what the situation is like, but everyone has to stop talking about what they want or how they experience the situation. That's not what matters.
Have you made 250g in a few days? Perhaps that's because it's overvalued due to lack of spawns.
Have you only gathered one stack? Perhaps you don't know where to look.

There are most likely too few spawns, but don't bring your own empirical data gathering into this.
Xenone - Tauren Druid
Xendurom - Orc Warrior
Xensha - Orc Shaman
GM of [Swedish Jazz Orchestra]
maos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Quatih1 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:36 am

Mopar wrote:I have a level 60 herbalist. Herbalism 300. It was not hard to get it to 300, because you do randomly run across an herb just as it's spawning. But...

I have NEVER seen a Mountain Silversage in the wild. Not once. In the 8 weeks that my herbalist has been a 60 300 herbalist, i've managed to collect exactly one stack of Dreamfoil. It is absolutely clear that the herb spawn rate is too low for the population. You can't farm for flasks, you can't farm for pots or consumables, you're only choice is to farm for gold and pay 17g per stack - and the price is now going up because the early oversupply is diminishing.

The herb spawn rate needs to match the population. Simple as that.

I agree wholeheartedly, I've tried going circuits to farm Dreamfoil and Mountain silversage but at most I find one of either one. The prices of these herbes are also out of control because of this.
Hneggbrandur - Raider of <Purge>
Galdrari - Alt
Quatih1
Private
Private

by Mang0 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:17 pm

maos wrote:I'm not a herbalist, so I have no idea what the situation is like, but everyone has to stop talking about what they want or how they experience the situation. That's not what matters.
Have you made 250g in a few days? Perhaps that's because it's overvalued due to lack of spawns.
Have you only gathered one stack? Perhaps you don't know where to look.

There are most likely too few spawns, but don't bring your own empirical data gathering into this.

Its already a fact that the devs nerfed herb spawns from what a typical MaNGOS server would have, and this server has significantly more people than it was designed for.

What is important is that people express their concern here, in any way, shape, or form.
Mang0
Private
Private

by Lazermon » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:34 pm

It's pretty obvious to me, the current herb spawns were made to match a population of ~2500 online players at the same time. Nostalrius has a population capable of nearly quadrupling that. That the herb spawns need to be increased to match this is so obvious I'm genuinely surprised they haven't done anything or said anything about it.
- AQ40 When?
- GRIZZLY Cineplex Regular
- Level 4 <Dankk Budz Collective> Memer
- Level 5 <GRIZZLY> Officer
Lazermon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions