[Yes-Under Development] Increase Herb Spawn Rates

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Increase Herb Spawn Rates

by Zelious » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:42 pm

You guys are grossly over exaggerating the population. Yes at peak one time it's been 9k players but lately when I'm playing after work which is 7-8pm in the US.. There's between 4000 and 4500 players online.

What's wrong with a little adversity? Do you guys really want to keep crying until the devs give you your passifier? Grow some balls and don't be like casual retail players. Shame on you guys
Zelious
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Gazpy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:20 pm

sorry but https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4660 noone cares about the herb spawns apparently, I guess it's time to report DM lacking herbs, oh it was reported but noone cared, well let's have more RTV's!
Oh my good dog!
Gazpy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mang0 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:44 pm

Zelious wrote:You guys are grossly over exaggerating the population. Yes at peak one time it's been 9k players but lately when I'm playing after work which is 7-8pm in the US.. There's between 4000 and 4500 players online.

What's wrong with a little adversity? Do you guys really want to keep crying until the devs give you your passifier? Grow some balls and don't be like casual retail players. Shame on you guys

Perhaps you need to be reminded that the developers want this server blizzlike. While hardcore elements to come into play, the focus is not to have a hardcore server. However, the devs have a situation that is unblizzlike that they understandably won't modify: population. Also 5,000 players is still twice that of what a normal vanilla server was....

I feel i am well within my boundaries asking that they acknowledge this.

Gazpy wrote:sorry but https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4660 noone cares about the herb spawns apparently, I guess it's time to report DM lacking herbs, oh it was reported but noone cared, well let's have more RTV's!

Yeah, there have been a few posts saying as such, most of them got buried already.. but its important to keep showing concern in any way.
Mang0
Private
Private

by maos » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:28 pm

Mang0 wrote:
maos wrote:I'm not a herbalist, so I have no idea what the situation is like, but everyone has to stop talking about what they want or how they experience the situation. That's not what matters.
Have you made 250g in a few days? Perhaps that's because it's overvalued due to lack of spawns.
Have you only gathered one stack? Perhaps you don't know where to look.

There are most likely too few spawns, but don't bring your own empirical data gathering into this.

Its already a fact that the devs nerfed herb spawns from what a typical MaNGOS server would have, and this server has significantly more people than it was designed for.

What is important is that people express their concern here, in any way, shape, or form.

I should explain. What I meant was that people shouldn't share opinions on whether it's fine or not based only on how they have experienced it. Obviously someone who mostly plays weekends during busy hours will find very few herbs, and a player who usually farms when there are 3000 online will find a ton of herbs.
I'm not against having an opinion, just having an absolute way of looking at it based only on your own experience (like the "it's fine, I've made 250g").
Xenone - Tauren Druid
Xendurom - Orc Warrior
Xensha - Orc Shaman
GM of [Swedish Jazz Orchestra]
maos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by ohgr » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:39 pm

Mopar wrote:I have a level 60 herbalist. Herbalism 300. It was not hard to get it to 300, because you do randomly run across an herb just as it's spawning. But...

I have NEVER seen a Mountain Silversage in the wild. Not once. In the 8 weeks that my herbalist has been a 60 300 herbalist, i've managed to collect exactly one stack of Dreamfoil. It is absolutely clear that the herb spawn rate is too low for the population. You can't farm for flasks, you can't farm for pots or consumables, you're only choice is to farm for gold and pay 17g per stack - and the price is now going up because the early oversupply is diminishing.

The herb spawn rate needs to match the population. Simple as that.

If you haven't seen one Mountain Silversage in 8 weeks and only been able to gather one(!) stack of Dreamfoil in the same time - you're obviously doing something wrong.
ohgr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Botanist » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:47 pm

First Blizzlike Pyrewood Village . 28.02.15 Release we waiting U))))))
Level 3 <GRIZZLY> Member
Level 1 Public Relations Trainee (Grizzly dindu nuffin division)
Starshina Second Class of RIDF Nostalrius Sector
Rank 1 Care Coordinator and Executive Administrator of the <GRIZZLY> Seeking Elites Precinct
Botanist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by pmizz » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:57 pm

As someone who runs along the sides of mountains in WS or Un'goro with windowed mode and forums up, I do not want spawn rates to be nerfed.

I think as a North American who plays from 1am-6am server time it is in my best interest to retain the current farming conditions.

I'd like to be able to afford a monopoly on something down the line :))
QG-Pmizzrym
SC2-Pmizz
ED-Gork,Pmizz
Nost-Pmizz<ThunderCats>
Kronos-Pmizzrym<TC>
pmizz
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DeeMarie » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:01 pm

WoW is a bit like an amusement park. When there's too many people and not enough rides...
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:42 pm

While I find it hard to find these herbs in world, when you do, money. So it works itself out.

Also for those that complain, if you stand in IF or ORG instead of farming, that is your problem.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Mang0 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:08 pm

pmizz wrote:As someone who runs along the sides of mountains in WS or Un'goro with windowed mode and forums up, I do not want spawn rates to be nerfed.

I think as a North American who plays from 1am-6am server time it is in my best interest to retain the current farming conditions.

I'd like to be able to afford a monopoly on something down the line :))

Undertanker wrote:While I find it hard to find these herbs in world, when you do, money. So it works itself out.

Also for those that complain, if you stand in IF or ORG instead of farming, that is your problem.

Based on this logic, the spawns may as well be nerfed even further so you earn more gold right? No, there needs to be a balance.
Mang0
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions