[Yes-Under Development] Increase Herb Spawn Rates

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: [Pending] Increase Herb Spawn Rates

by Tinkertown » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:11 pm

Before I start, I'd like to point out that I'm on your side. I want the prices to go down and I want to increase the spawns.

I'd probably start with increasing the overall number of herb spawns by about 25% overall and 50% on plaguebloom (since the current prices suggest that Nostalrius probably has them spawning disproportionately rarely.) And see what effect that has on the economy. After about 2-3 weeks of that I'd evaluate the effect and make further adjustments as needed. I wouldn't shock the market harder than that since the results would be unpredictable and next to impossible to interpret.

The current prices suggest that for example Mountain Silversage is depreciated since the demand is tied so much to the supply of Plaguebloom. If we increased the supply of only Plaguebloom the situation might just reverse and Mountain Silversage would skyrocket.

Setup wrote:Well, x10 is based less on the demand curve, and more on how low blizzlike prices are compared to the current prices. Guybrush posted an allakhazam link from 2006 that listed the median price for plaguebloom around 50 silver per stack. (I don't think x10 would get you there.)

See: http://web.archive.org/web/200607180020 ... item=13466

The 50s is per item, not per stack. So 10g per stack. Further, I don't think the overall average is a good place to look. There were a ton of low pop servers where little to no raiding went on I don't think it is reasonable to include that data in the guideline for what is "blizzlike". Sure that is subjective, but I think that 20g per stack is more reasonable if we want an experience similar to vanilla for the "median person" rather than the "median server". (Note that on low-pop servers the average herbalist could collect more per hour, and thus post more on the AH, meaning that the low-pop server would be overrepresented in the average)

And as for the demand curve, that is the only thing (as long as the herbalists can and choose to keep up with the spawn rate) is the only thing that will decide the price. If players want to buy 10 times as many pots if they cost half the price, then you'd see a 50% reduction in price by increasing the supply by a factor of 10. In reality, I think that you need a significantly lower increase to reach that goal.

Even 30g/stack would be a dream compared to now.

Yeah, the current situation is horrible. Especially since we are at a point where the demand should be relatively low. If I'm right, and the demand curve is actually rather flat, that means that once AQ comes out, unless something is done, the price of plaguebloom would go significantly higher. *shuggers*
Tinkertown
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aslan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Bump
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zmandude24 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:45 am

How the hell are we supposed to progress in AQ/Naxx if the consumables are VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE to get. The only way I know of is they will exploit and get banned, which might eventually give somewhat of a balance.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Noxm » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:51 am

An answer:
Imbaslap wrote:an item is worth what people think its worth..
ever notice BL prices spike during weekday raids when all the tryhard guilds raid with flasks?
ever notice it dip later?
focus on not using flasks and just stockpile, let the tryhards spend time and money on consumables for easy tier content. sit back on the gold mine for when it matters. :)

Robotron wrote:
Setup wrote:what about plagueblooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm

if people are actually going to use those mp5 pots, plaguebloom is going to go higher than 60g/stack pretty quickly.

>tfw never having Mongoose Elixirs ever again

http://i.imgur.com/5bEDrJT.jpg
what plaguebloom problem? :twisted:
p.s. don't suck down mongoose pots like its meth/acid/cocaine/bath salts. problem solved.

p.s.s dam u noxm for stealin the plague in fungal vale :evil:

ps : we are farmers
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Docholy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:29 pm

10x the rate sounds a bit high but I'm afraid its the only way to get the entire server a supply. Just look at ZG mess, 10k were online and I promise you more will be coming for AQ and naxx.
https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime- ... -community
Why stop at Rank 12 you ask? I ask myself that all the time!
Docholy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Robotron » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:53 pm

Docholy wrote:10x the rate sounds a bit high but I'm afraid its the only way to get the entire server a supply. Just look at ZG mess, 10k were online and I promise you more will be coming for AQ and naxx.

Hey it's almost like I've been saying this shit since July.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Docholy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:00 pm

Robotron wrote:
Docholy wrote:10x the rate sounds a bit high but I'm afraid its the only way to get the entire server a supply. Just look at ZG mess, 10k were online and I promise you more will be coming for AQ and naxx.

Hey, when did the herbs required for most recipes get lowered? Was it even in vanilla?

I'm curious, it would be swell to have the lowering of mats and the raising of herb spawns/lowering of timers.
Docholy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Slicy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:36 pm

Tinkertown wrote:Before I start, I'd like to point out that I'm on your side. I want the prices to go down and I want to increase the spawns.

I'd probably start with increasing the overall number of herb spawns by about 25% overall and 50% on plaguebloom (since the current prices suggest that Nostalrius probably has them spawning disproportionately rarely.) And see what effect that has on the economy. After about 2-3 weeks of that I'd evaluate the effect and make further adjustments as needed. I wouldn't shock the market harder than that since the results would be unpredictable and next to impossible to interpret.

The current prices suggest that for example Mountain Silversage is depreciated since the demand is tied so much to the supply of Plaguebloom. If we increased the supply of only Plaguebloom the situation might just reverse and Mountain Silversage would skyrocket.

Setup wrote:Well, x10 is based less on the demand curve, and more on how low blizzlike prices are compared to the current prices. Guybrush posted an allakhazam link from 2006 that listed the median price for plaguebloom around 50 silver per stack. (I don't think x10 would get you there.)

See: http://web.archive.org/web/200607180020 ... item=13466

The 50s is per item, not per stack. So 10g per stack. Further, I don't think the overall average is a good place to look. There were a ton of low pop servers where little to no raiding went on I don't think it is reasonable to include that data in the guideline for what is "blizzlike". Sure that is subjective, but I think that 20g per stack is more reasonable if we want an experience similar to vanilla for the "median person" rather than the "median server". (Note that on low-pop servers the average herbalist could collect more per hour, and thus post more on the AH, meaning that the low-pop server would be overrepresented in the average)

And as for the demand curve, that is the only thing (as long as the herbalists can and choose to keep up with the spawn rate) is the only thing that will decide the price. If players want to buy 10 times as many pots if they cost half the price, then you'd see a 50% reduction in price by increasing the supply by a factor of 10. In reality, I think that you need a significantly lower increase to reach that goal.

Even 30g/stack would be a dream compared to now.

Yeah, the current situation is horrible. Especially since we are at a point where the demand should be relatively low. If I'm right, and the demand curve is actually rather flat, that means that once AQ comes out, unless something is done, the price of plaguebloom would go significantly higher. *shuggers*

Great post ! I also think that increasing spawn locations/rates is the least worst solution. As in, people will just spend the same amount of money than they do now, in order to get stock up on more herb stacks/pots. The real issue was, is and will remain the fact the server isn't capped population wise (which is also an amazing thing and we now all must accept the bad aspects of it, aka a garbage market for some specific goods).
There will always be people willing to spend XY gold for 1 Black Lotus or 1 Plaguebloom stack because the demand is insanely high and can't only go upwards as time passes and content gets released.

However may I point out/correct that Mountain Silversage will never "skyrocket" since they are in unlimited supply because/thanks to Atlerac Valley.
At best/worst case scenario, MS stacks will cost 1-5g more.
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Docholy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:37 pm

Docholy wrote:Hey, when did the herbs required for most recipes get lowered? Was it even in vanilla?

I'm curious, it would be swell to have the lowering of mats and the raising of herb spawns/lowering of timers.
Docholy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Robotron » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:23 am

Docholy wrote:
Robotron wrote:

Hey, when did the herbs required for most recipes get lowered? Was it even in vanilla?

You mean the nerf to Flask mats? That didn't happen until one of the patches in Burning Crusade. I forget whether it was 2.1 (Hyjal/Black Temple) or a minor patch a month or two earlier. I definitely have fond memories of trucking along on my fat kid flying mount in TBC's first couple months, trying to pick herbs vs. the epic flying guys, and needing like 30 Terocone or something per AP Flask.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions