[Yes-Under Development] Increase Herb Spawn Rates

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

[Yes-Under Development] Increase Herb Spawn Rates

by Mang0 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:37 pm

EDIT: This discussion is (mainly) directed at higher level herbs that are used for end game consumables.

____

Apperently from Viper's post about Nostalrius's population, it has risen from roughly 6,000 to 10,000 since the date they nerfed herb spawns which was on April 2nd.

I think this warrants somewhat of a buff at this point, no?

______

I'm willing to take a step back and acknowledge that its possible herb spawns may have not been blizzlike to begin with.

Im also certainly sure a 4x spawn rate to match the population of 10,000 would definitely alter the server more than the community would prefer, even with being the math pointing towards the solution being valid. However, i would at least expect the developers recognize this travesty among node spawns and at the very least give them a modest increase with their growing server population.
Last edited by Mang0 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mang0
Private
Private

Re: Increase Herb Spawn Rates

by psychofast » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:06 pm

No please. Thanks.
psychofast
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Holmes » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:19 pm

better nerf/fix the rich thorium veins, sometimes there are >6 active at once in 1 zone
not too sure about the other veins
Holmes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ritzy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:52 pm

Herb spawns are definitely an issue during high population times. Ideally the system would be able to react and increase node spawns like it can do with mobs.

Low level ore nodes are also an issue, as I've recently discovered leveling a new alt with mining (can't speak to higher level ore).
Ritzy
Private
Private

by Soupa » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:53 pm

At level 44, I'm up to 250 Herbalism (Horde) and it wasn't hard at all. Alchemy is around 200+. I think th herb spawns have been fine, personally.
Soupa
Grunt
Grunt

by Twizzerious » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:34 pm

anyone that thinks herb spawn rates are fine is more then likely mentally challenged
Twizzerious
Grunt
Grunt

by Jeniwyn » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:40 pm

The spawn rate of nodes is one of those things that I'd be in favor of erring on the side of too much compared to what is considered Blizzlike given that the server population isn't Blizzlike.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mang0 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:01 pm

Jeniwyn wrote:The spawn rate of nodes is one of those things that I'd be in favor of erring on the side of too much compared to what is considered Blizzlike given that the server population isn't Blizzlike.

Fun fact: This server is x4 that of a normal vanilla server, and as it stands they nerfed spawns below that of what a x1 rate would have.. lol
Mang0
Private
Private

by xochipilli » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:23 pm

i just gave up on herbalism...waste of time considerin this overcrowded pop

just easier to buy herbs from broke..
xochipilli
Private
Private

by Mopar » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:15 am

I have a level 60 herbalist. Herbalism 300. It was not hard to get it to 300, because you do randomly run across an herb just as it's spawning. But...

I have NEVER seen a Mountain Silversage in the wild. Not once. In the 8 weeks that my herbalist has been a 60 300 herbalist, i've managed to collect exactly one stack of Dreamfoil. It is absolutely clear that the herb spawn rate is too low for the population. You can't farm for flasks, you can't farm for pots or consumables, you're only choice is to farm for gold and pay 17g per stack - and the price is now going up because the early oversupply is diminishing.

The herb spawn rate needs to match the population. Simple as that.
The pizza level in my bloodstream is dangerously low.
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Suggestions