respawn on demons for hunter leaf quest

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

respawn on demons for hunter leaf quest

by keil » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:57 pm

The quest to get the hunter bow, rhok'delar, is chaos at the moment and is only going to get worse as more weeks progress. The demons currently have a 3 hour respawn if killed and a 7 hour respawn if they are interfered with at all by anyone other than the hunter who engaged combat with it, which is the case over 50% of the time. The number of hunters on the quest will increase week to week, resulting in more despawns due to overcrowding and less demon kill.

I suggest lowering the spawn timer.
keil
Grunt
Grunt

Re: respawn on demons for hunter leaf quest

by Holmes » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:52 pm

i suggest a 2nd server and/or players online cap at 3k ppl

#problemsolved

im missing the 3h login queue from retail vanilla
Holmes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Path » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:33 pm

keil wrote:The quest to get the hunter bow, rhok'delar, is chaos at the moment and is only going to get worse as more weeks progress. The demons currently have a 3 hour respawn if killed and a 7 hour respawn if they are interfered with at all by anyone other than the hunter who engaged combat with it, which is the case over 50% of the time. The number of hunters on the quest will increase week to week, resulting in more despawns due to overcrowding and less demon kill.

I suggest lowering the spawn timer.

Agreed. Im done with the demons but it was hell. "Blizzlike" was servers with what? - 2200-2500 people? - with like 3-5 guilds on each side clearing mc? Competition was not even close to what it is here. With as high as the population is Keil is right, it's going to get real real bad out there and I really feel sorry for the hunters who have the leaf, or will be getting it. BEWARE OF THE FRED PROC!
Path
Private
Private

by Chillout » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:08 am

Worst part is the 7 hour despawn timer. I suggest 30-60 min timer.
Chillout
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by iambrucewayne » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:51 am

Agreed- a better despawn timer would be much better.
iambrucewayne
Grunt
Grunt

by slayde » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:02 am

I spoke with a GM about this, and was informed that if it was a 3 hour spawn time, and 7 hour spawn timer if it was despawned due to interference, they will not change the timers here. I'm in complete agreement that the timers should be adjusted to the server population vs that of real vanilla servers and guilds that were clearing the leaf quests.

I remember doing this quest on retail vanilla, and I was probably the 6th hunter to get the leaf quest on the server at the time. I had zero competition for tagging and killing the demons because there were so fewer guilds and hunters trying to do it at the same time. There is anywhere from 2-6 hunters at a given spawn point at anytime waiting for the demon.

It's just going to get worse, and I wish they would do something about it.
<Echo> Guild Leader
www.echo-guild.com
slayde
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Chillout » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:22 am

Let's say there's 30+ leaf drops per week which seems likely with current population. Now if 50% of demons were killed on spawn and 50% despawned, 30 hunters would take 150 hours to complete it per week. There is 168 hours in a week. While this would be doable, we are already stacked with 2 week leafs and despawn ratio far higher than 50%.

On retail you didn't have to camp for them vs other hunters, there was no competition. You could go try anytime you had time for it.

I'd rather wait for BWL to get xbow than get this +6 dps upgrade now if the respawn timer isn't changed.
Chillout
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by iambrucewayne » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:57 pm

It's becoming a major pain. The Winterspring and Burning Stepps demons are bottle-necking hard. This isn't the way the quest was intended to be played out on retail- having to fight each other for the demons rather than fighting the demons themselves. There are too many people on this server for how long the respawn times are. Could we please get a grace on the respawn timers please?
iambrucewayne
Grunt
Grunt

by Holmes » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:57 am

well, on vanilla retail there also were times the demons were rare and you had to log on in the middle of the night to get one if you were lucky.
but well, if you choose to make and play on a server with a 3-4x higher pop than what the game was designed for and no real population downtimes, you probably got to live with its consequences i guess.

or hey, ive got a great new idea, lets lower all respawn times by the power of 4 so its super blizzlike again.

still hoping for a 2nd server with shared databases. nevergiveupdreams.
Holmes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Apinanraivo » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:41 am

Please make "Dynamic respawn rate" also affect these demons. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5260

Why are hunters being mistreated? Spawn time should be 1-2hours, not 7 friggin hours.. GMs pls fix
Apinanraivo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Suggestions