Ad bot System to spread Tou

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Ad bot System to spread Tou

by Noxm » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:16 am

A lot of ppl in this server dont know about the Terms of use :

Maybe you can install a bot system who annonce every hours a link to the Tou:

System annoucement : All subscribed players on Nostalrius must keep these rules in mind while playing : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8

or

Armilus wrote:I don't think it would be a big deal as long as it's not too often.

Instead of just a link to the ToS, you could have a few different messages that are randomly picked from or announced in rotation.

Things like:

"Using any form of Bot is against the terms of service and will result in a permanent ban."
"Buying or selling gold is against the terms of service and will result in a permanent ban."
etc.

Last edited by Noxm on Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: Ad bot System to spread Tou

by AverageJoe » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:08 pm

This sounds like a good idea, though people who are determined to cheat will continue to do so and still feign ignorance on the support forum.
AverageJoe
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Viper » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:36 pm

Sounds to be a good suggestion, so much accounts banned for BOT/golds recently.

Won't it break the "in-game immersion", having a server message every TBD hours ?
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

by Armilus » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:41 pm

I don't think it would be a big deal as long as it's not too often.

Instead of just a link to the ToS, you could have a few different messages that are randomly picked from or announced in rotation.

Things like:
"Using any form of Bot is against the terms of service and will result in a permanent ban."
"Buying or selling gold is against the terms of service and will result in a permanent ban."
etc.

Having a link to the ToS in the motd on login is probably a good idea.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aunstic » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:42 pm

Viper wrote:Sounds to be a good suggestion, so much accounts banned for BOT/golds recently.

Won't it break the "in-game immersion", having a server message every TBD hours ?

If the messages aren't overwhelming like Feenix's where there is a broadcast every 10-15 minutes, I don't think players will mind honestly.
Aunstic
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Askental » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:33 pm

AverageJoe wrote:people who are determined to cheat will continue to do so and still feign ignorance on the support forum.

This.
Obviously botting and gold selling is against the ToU... They all know, it's common sense. These people are just too dumb to realize they will get caught. I think getting rid of gold sellers ads for good would have more impact, with less chat nuisance instead of more.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aunstic » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Askental wrote:
AverageJoe wrote:people who are determined to cheat will continue to do so and still feign ignorance on the support forum.

This.
Obviously botting and gold selling is against the ToU... They all know, it's common sense. These people are just too dumb to realize they will get caught. I think getting rid of gold sellers ads for good would have more impact, with less chat nuisance instead of more.

It's a never ending process though. You can't use regex to block every form of advertisement because they can keep introducing new domains and new sentences in order to advertise their service. I'm sure they also have VPNs so IP bans aren't feasible either.

Having an announcement more focused to the statistics of players who received an infraction would scare people away a bit more. I'm sure the stats on how many people died last year because of X, Y, and Z causes some people to think twice.
Aunstic
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Diametra » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:30 am

good idea. Perhaps general chat announcements would seem a bit intrusive. Why not post something on login, right above guild announcements. Something short, because retail wow is notorious for bumping guild announcements out of sight at login because they are too long.

"Questions about server policies? Go to: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8"
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Askental » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:33 pm

Aunstic wrote:It's a never ending process though. You can't use regex to block every form of advertisement because they can keep introducing new domains and new sentences in order to advertise their service. I'm sure they also have VPNs so IP bans aren't feasible either.

Having an announcement more focused to the statistics of players who received an infraction would scare people away a bit more. I'm sure the stats on how many people died last year because of X, Y, and Z causes some people to think twice.

I doubt this... The problem is that we are dealing with idiots here, they all already know it's against the rules, how could it possibly be allowed anyway?
Also, it's always the same domain name all the time. Sure, they write it a bit differently now but it's not that hard to block "every" way to spell it in a readable way. If they had to buy 10 domains a week they may give up eventually... Idk. But yes, moderating is a pain, that is normal :D
Or like Diametra said, something at login would be way less intrusive! I don't really want to be reminded how many 'tards are out there every other hour... :D
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Noxm » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Armilus wrote:I don't think it would be a big deal as long as it's not too often.

Things like:
etc.

Having a link to the ToS in the motd on login is probably a good idea.

i'm agree with this idea, random player will not take seriously a link of TOU.
A server system message in yellow means authority and yes this ruins our game experience a bit, but i prefer ppl avoid ban and GM invest less time in invistigate and more time in important things..
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Next

Return to Suggestions