Merge

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Merge

by Lighthammer » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:04 pm

I've seen a lot of smaller private servers appear and then disappear again pretty quickly. Why don't you all just join forces and create one über private server?
At the moment there's the big one on Feenix (Emerald Dream) where I've played until I just couldn't stand it any more.

Would be really cool if the smaller ones like Nostalrius, Kronos and Rebirth joined up and challenged the mighty Feenix!
Yarvaxea warlock classleader of <Dagordacil>
Apply at http://dagordacil.com/
Lighthammer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Merge

by Gunnis » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:18 pm

How do you challenge that which is already broken?

naw but I agree with your idea, and hope that Kronos and Nos will become one. And it looks like many on Rebirth want to join either side :)
Gunnis
Sergeant
Sergeant

by apollan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Yeah I feel the same way. It's a shame two awesome looking servers have to compete against each other; it would be great if Kronos and Nostralius could work together somehow. The reason I'm into Nostralius more is mainly the progression aspect. I want to progress through the expansions without having to remake a toon.
apollan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ihcTactics » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:24 pm

Also keep in mind that Classic Warcraft has been in development now for some time, but their project just seems smaller overall.

Should you and Kronos merge, it will likely be you guys joining them since they have the history behind them, even if your coding ends up being better.

However, in the end, get enough hype up front for a server and enough ppl to join on Day 0, and you should be fine if your coding works. People quit over bad coding more often than anything.
ihcTactics
Tester

by Osiris » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Guys, imagine how you create a little project for yourself over many years. You groom it, you make it grow and you just love it. Then somebody comes at you and says "Hey, I have the same project. Let's merge them, you only have to give up control over it for ever.!".

I've seen these merge proposals on all of the classic private servers and they all have been neglected. The people simply love their creations too much, to give them up. Which is a good thing.

What would be great though, is when for example Nostalrius and Kronos would merge their fixes and technical knowledge. So that new fixes would be made in a common versioning tool/database and both servers would benefit from them. The community can stay separated, the only difference would be in the community's preferences (PvP vs PvE, EU vs US vs Oceania, etc.). But again, the devs hardly would agree to such measures :D
Osiris
Grunt
Grunt

by Martin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Well I think you should look at it from another perspective, I mean, personally I don't consider them "competition", but I can imagine they do bring the best out in eachother, I mean you want the best product out there and when someone comes and say they have something just as good or better, then you have to become even better.

Something like that, but honestly, I don't want it to be "Nostalrius vs Kronos" or vice-versa, seems like great people on both sides, we all want the same thing in the end right? :)
Martin
Private
Private

by franco » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:49 pm

OR, maybe these servers come to an agreement to merge only their pvp instances. It would be really nice to have an actual pvp community again. As far as I can tell, its somewhat difficult to find decent pvp. Maybe I'm wrong and someone can point me in the direction.
franco
Tester

by franco » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:51 pm

OR you have all willing vanilla servers merge their pvp instances. It would be nice to have a larger pvp community than what I currently have on my server(vanillagaming). It is slim to none on vanilla, and as far as i can tell, on most other servers as well.
franco
Tester

by Letalis » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Osiris wrote:Guys, imagine how you create a little project for yourself over many years. You groom it, you make it grow and you just love it. Then somebody comes at you and says "Hey, I have the same project. Let's merge them, you only have to give up control over it for ever.!".[...]

I don't think it would come to that. To be completely honest with you I don't see Nos merging with Kronos anytime soon. But even if this unlikely dream was to be considered a realistic one; Nos wouldn't merge with the Kronos team on the conditions of giving up the Admin position. If they were to make it work the new team would be run by Co-Admins.

It's not impossible that a merge like this would go trough as Nos is already tree different teams joined together, but I don't see it happening if they had to give up all control, power and ownership in the process.

Then there is the question of whether or not the Admins from both teams will fit together well. As even if the teams are looking forward to the merge - as long as the Admins have different goals, that might very well be contradicting one another, there is no bright future in a merge of this caliber as one will inevitably push out the other.

All in all: I would advise a merge as well, but I do not know the state of this Staff Team, so it's hard to say whether or not they have the interest, funds or manpower needed to go trough with something like this - or whether they want to or not, as chances are they feel very content with where they are right now and might even look forward to the competition.

Let
Letalis
Grunt
Grunt

by nimeralos » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:05 pm

It's always hard to compromise and partner with competitors. But both of you - Nostalrius and Kronos - need developers, need GMs, and most of all - you need players. So please say that you're ready to try to contact with Kronos team. This decision would start a new era for Vanilla WoW. Or make a clear "no, we're on our own".

I wrote the same thing on their forum - http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/88388-Merge .
nimeralos
Tester

Next

Return to Suggestions