DM N crisis

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: DM N crisis

by Ohr » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:16 am

Nah, think it'd be looked at after TBC server release and then marked as redundant.
Ohr
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Slicy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:47 am

I'm thinking Dysphoria would be rolling over in his grave if he saw this godmode Gordok dmg output. Current raid trash and bosses hit like wet noodles compared to him.

Let's be positive and consider the bright side: us mighty Rogues are now on par/better (if shield wall isn't up) than Warriors to tank a dungeon boss for 15 or 30 secs with our close to 100% avoidance.
(Assuming you pop FAP for the War Stomp and the group has high enough dps to burst down the ogre god.)

Inb4 : "LF 1 tank for DM Tribute, pref rogue with prep. We give u the fap."
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Itzi » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:25 am

Ohr wrote:Gave a shot myself last night. Got charged for 1800 and non-crit hit by mortal strike for 3890 and instadied after like the 15th attempt. Apparently it's a shitty fix where he's scripted to reset if you stand on the ledge as I managed to kite him way farther when I was off the ledge (that's the part where I died).

Even if it will never be soloable they should normalize the guys damage. My guild did a trib run (regular one) and our full t1 tank got 1shot in the same scenario after he pulled and they all wiped.
Look at this retail video:
https://youtu.be/dXE_RR5XzE8?t=14m45s

A hunter is being hit for 400 and survives gordok for a long while. Tanks with full gear getting 1shot in a dungeon, while they can tank Ragnaros longer. What a joke.

^
why fix it? because the damage is a fucking nightmare to deal with, both for tank and healers. Just recently we had a run with 2 healers and 2 dps dealing on average, 170-220 dps (so as to not overaggro as well) and we couldn't keep up our tank alive, not without popping pots.
the cherry on the top of that run was a random reset that happened at gordok going at 8%, just after I popped a nice mana potion. Real nice bugs there..

you're fixing the problem of not being able to solo him, but you're making it impossibly hard for pugs to do him in a 5 man group, unless they are all decked in the best in slots that pre-raid + raids have to offer? Please tune this guy back to a more acceptable Blizzlike version.
Frollo <Versus>
PvE realm

lv 60 holy dps/healer in tights.
Itzi
Tester

by Dreez » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:47 am

been 3 maning dm north for quite a while now

the resetting is intended and always happens if someone's trying to kite it and outranges it
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Itzi » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:51 pm

Dreez wrote:been 3 maning dm north for quite a while now

the resetting is intended and always happens if someone's trying to kite it and outranges it

the thing is, what happened then is that he knocked the tank off the platform and he kept him next to that inclined step going down the path you say he shouldn't be kited, he was in combat with us well enough for about 1-2 minutes, until 8%, when the fight just reset. There's almost no logic with why that happened, that entire time he'd been stationary.

Something has to be done to better tune this ridiculous damage from Gordok, you shouldn't ignore the clear issues this is causing with constraining groups going to it for niche comps. When your "fix" has the side effect of making a much easier encounter than most end dungeons in Vanilla that much harder than say, Balnazzar and Baron Rivvendare, something went horribly wrong with that fix.
Frollo <Versus>
PvE realm

lv 60 holy dps/healer in tights.
Itzi
Tester

by Asphixia » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:09 pm

way to necro a 5 month old thread guys. We're over the unfair treatment to hunters. Its all about the Chinese now - get with the program
Asphixia
Grunt
Grunt

by zmandude24 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:24 pm

Can you please actually fix the DM loot tables on the PvE server?
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Suggestions