The Tyrande problem...

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: The Tyrande problem...

by Vorfidus » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:31 pm

Ohr wrote:but MUH BLIZZLIKE

It stopped being blizzlike when they nerfed her respawn rate.
The level of whining about bans on the forums is at an all time industrial level.
Vorfidus
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Kuroyu » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:30 pm

Diametra wrote:Maybe giving her more health would help, I don't know. here's the problem: No one is coming to defend her. they never do. Simonich can attest to this, in the two days he spent there, for HOURS on end with his gang of thugs, no one came to defend tyrande except myself and what's his name...ah, Im at a loss but I've seen him in BGs many times when I used to run them. The only other people that were there were spectators or low levels that incidentally happened to be there. This despite my repeated requests in world chat over the course of hours, to which I would get the endearing reply of, "fuck the elves." Which is code-word for, "I'm too lazy."

Hell if Ally can't defend against three rogues jumping people RIGHT OUTSIDE QUEUE AREA FOR PVP IN IF for hours on end, I'm guessing they aren't going to make the journey to a far away land to defend either.

So, the problem is, if you set her respawn back to 3 or 5 minutes or whatever it is supposed to be, and just give her more health, that means that the horde will be there more often and stay longer and guess how those idle 3-5 minutes is going to be spent?

We can't make the ally care about anything other than their shinies. We could try making Tyrande stronger and see what happens.

She can't really be defended if she gets killed so quickly and is so remote. The only people checking if she's still alive are the level 30 questers or whatever : \
Kuroyu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Snipedown010 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:02 am

Okay - I'm not sure if anyone has posted this anywhere, but I've done some research:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.4.1

In this patch, it makes reference to faction leader respawn times. It doesn't explicitly mention Tyrande, but it does explicitly say that Archbishop Benedictus's respawn time is 2 hours.

Archbishop Benedictus should be respawning every 2 hours.

Previously it states that Archbishop has been made the faction leader

Archbishop Benedictus staged a temporary coup, and has taken the title of NPC leader of Stormwind City from Highlord Bolvar!

This is the first patch note that mentions respawn timers of faction leaders.

Considering BWL has been released, we are technically up to patch 1.6, therefore all faction leaders should have a respawn time of 2 hours.

I believe this has been upped to 4 hours in more recent versions of WoW, but not until WotLK or later.

2 hours should be reasonable - a 5-man group camping a faction leader that gives 15,000 honor points (meaning 3k each) would be able to earn honor faster from kills in a BG. That's assuming that the 5-man doesn't get countered once.
Snipedown010
Tester

by Xylon666Darkstar » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:56 pm

Devs take note! Or make this another Nostlike BS like DM N Tribute w/e.
Xylon666Darkstar
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Kuroyu » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:27 pm

Snipedown010 wrote:Okay - I'm not sure if anyone has posted this anywhere, but I've done some research:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.4.1

In this patch, it makes reference to faction leader respawn times. It doesn't explicitly mention Tyrande, but it does explicitly say that Archbishop Benedictus's respawn time is 2 hours.

Archbishop Benedictus should be respawning every 2 hours.

Previously it states that Archbishop has been made the faction leader

Archbishop Benedictus staged a temporary coup, and has taken the title of NPC leader of Stormwind City from Highlord Bolvar!

This is the first patch note that mentions respawn timers of faction leaders.

Considering BWL has been released, we are technically up to patch 1.6, therefore all faction leaders should have a respawn time of 2 hours.

I believe this has been upped to 4 hours in more recent versions of WoW, but not until WotLK or later.

2 hours should be reasonable - a 5-man group camping a faction leader that gives 15,000 honor points (meaning 3k each) would be able to earn honor faster from kills in a BG. That's assuming that the 5-man doesn't get countered once.

Nice research, solid points
Kuroyu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Zhohan » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:02 pm

I know this issue is rather old, but I am unable to turn in anything for her. She's been gone every time I visit I even camped her spawn as Alliance and I never saw her
This issue is ridiculous and un-blizzlike. Either set it back, or lower reward/buff Tyrande. This is stupid.
Zhohan
Private
Private

by xt0rt » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:06 am

This issue is ongoing and completely stupid. Fix it, or at least put out some sort of update/confirmation that it is NOT going to be fixed.
<The Chosen> Warakiya - Nostalrius' Premier Night Elf 'Utility' Druid
"Doing nothing particularly well since 2015!"

#YouThinkYouDoButYouDont #ripnostalrius #410neverforget
xt0rt
Grunt
Grunt

by Bambam » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:24 am

Why doesn't Alliance defend Tyrande, then ?
Bambam Warrior 60, tank
Bambam
Sergeant
Sergeant

by xt0rt » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:41 am

Bambam wrote:Why doesn't Alliance defend Tyrande, then ?

Because this is the Alliance we're talking about...

Seriously though, from what I've heard she doesn't even have spells and at 250k HP, she's just asking to be honor farmed by 5man groups or kited by huntards. While this was an issue on retail as well I don't remember it ever being so pervasive. If she wasn't bugged I don't think there would be an issue anyway.
<The Chosen> Warakiya - Nostalrius' Premier Night Elf 'Utility' Druid
"Doing nothing particularly well since 2015!"

#YouThinkYouDoButYouDont #ripnostalrius #410neverforget
xt0rt
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Suggestions