The Tyrande problem...

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

The Tyrande problem...

by Kuroyu » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:50 am

Tyrande's respawn timer was simply increased, but that does not solve the issue of players with quests being unable to turn in. To fully solve the problem, her respawn timer should be reduced, but her health / power actually represent a faction leaders. This gives Horde a reasonable challenge for honor that isn't abusable, plus players have a much better chance of being able to turn in their quests.

You can't use the "Non-vanilla" argument, because the devs changed her respawn timer to a non vanilla rate afaik.
Kuroyu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: The Tyrande problem...

by Greengrass » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:20 am

Cant turn my quest for 1 week.

She must have at least 500khp, not 17khp
Greengrass
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Kuroyu » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:59 am

Greengrass wrote:Cant turn my quest for 1 week.

She must have at least 500khp, not 17khp

I thought she has like 250k, which still isnt very much to deal with considering theres no elite guards or not enough of them from what I saw.. I heard she is hyper susceptible to being kited, she really should have spells being a priest and all.
Kuroyu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Simonich » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:24 pm

She has 250k health but she is kitable.

Since I took advantage of her respawn timer and 15k honor given on kill, devs made the respawn timer longer. Much longer
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Pokeypointy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:53 pm

A long respawn time only elevates the problem for the quest-doers but what it's probably aimed at is the profitabillity of camping her.
Viper wrote:Greetings, as stated earlier, transfer won't be possible.
Pokeypointy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kuroyu » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:27 pm

Pokeypointy wrote:A long respawn time only elevates the problem for the quest-doers but what it's probably aimed at is the profitabillity of camping her.

Thats exactly what im pointing out. Increase her difficulty but lower the respawn time, so she's more likely to be alive and undisturbed, and isn't so easily killed.
Kuroyu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Simonich » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:44 am

Or maybe just lower respawn timer back to what it was and make this a method to get honor to make city raiding popular.

After all the reward is 15k SHARED. (You get 1k in a 15 man group)

As this goes popular, people will also want to wipe the attackers cause of their honor, and cause its fun.
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by tobor » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:59 am

What about Staghelm? The info I can find is inconclusive but I remember him being the Darnassus leader, not Tyrande. A similar situation to Benedictus/Bolvar?
tobor
Private
Private

by Rizzonico » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:53 pm

tobor wrote:What about Staghelm? The info I can find is inconclusive but I remember him being the Darnassus leader, not Tyrande. A similar situation to Benedictus/Bolvar?

Staghelm is really strong, not kitable, he has spells that do a lot of damage and he has more hp then Tyrande.
Yes, Staghelm is the leader of Darnassus, Tyrande is the leader of night elves.
Rizzonico, Battlelord of <The Red Dawn> Level 60 Tauren Hunter
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Kuroyu » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:16 pm

Rizzonico wrote:
tobor wrote:What about Staghelm? The info I can find is inconclusive but I remember him being the Darnassus leader, not Tyrande. A similar situation to Benedictus/Bolvar?

Staghelm is really strong, not kitable, he has spells that do a lot of damage and he has more hp then Tyrande.
Yes, Staghelm is the leader of Darnassus, Tyrande is the leader of night elves.

Stats are arbitrary, the racial and faction leader is Tyrande. Blizz knew this and like other racial faction leaders, she received that big HP buff in Wrath or whatever to better represent her status. Staghelm imo is more of a lore npc to fit the story of darnassus.

The problem still stands that she deservedly needs to be stronger because she is a significant quest NPC, and gives too much free honor, even if on a long respawn.
Kuroyu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Suggestions